PDA

View Full Version : Bogs When I PUNCH it!!!! (noob question)

Sjorge450R
05-11-2009, 02:15 PM
I know I know. Being around here as long as I have, I shouldn't be asking these questions. Here it is.

I have a 05 R, Rossier Pipe, 03 CRF cam and a UNI filter with airbox lid off with outerwares box cover. I have a small issue. Every since I put the Rossier on, I havent been able to Punch the gas from an idle without it bogging at first.

Current jetting is Needle 4th spot down (was on third when I switched to 4th it didn't make a difference) air screw out 2.5 turns and a 185 main.

Now, I run the stock pilot. I am not sure what size that is, but is my problem coming from not running the 50? I never got it for some reason and now I am thinking that is my problem. someone wanna chime in?

Thanks alot guys. I really wanna get my torque from a standstill back!

btw, the picture is from my Blackberry. I just wanted to see what it looked like on here.

pro-rider46
05-11-2009, 02:20 PM
the 50 pilot should help it. if it doesnt you only lost 5 bucks, plus you have it for whenever.

dizzle6
05-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Why does my 4-stroke bog or even sometime die when I snap the throttle open in neutral from a low idle?

The manifold pressure is very low at idle, which is essentially how hard the motor is sucking air and fuel from the carburetor. The FCR is a very efficient carburetor and can flow a lot of air. When you snap the throttle open very quickly, there is a brief lag before the accelerator pump gets enough fuel to mix with all of the air you just gave the motor. Essentially the motor goes super lean for an instant. That is the bog that you are feeling. When you get the rpm’s up a little and then snap the throttle, the motor will respond properly. If it does not hesitate during normal riding, then you are fine. You will notice this even more so on thumb throttles than twist throttle because of how quickly the thumb throttle can open a carburetor compared to the twist throttle.

Hope this helps

fastredrider44
05-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Turn the idle up a hair. That's what I had to do.

Sjorge450R
05-11-2009, 03:44 PM
First: No FCR here. Its an 05. Second: My idle is already through the roof. I love having a fast idle as it forces me to ride fast when I am in first gear and in teh woods. Also makes it harder to stall :p

Everywhere I look it seems as if the size 50 pilot jet is very important when jetting. HMMMM. Why didnt i follow these directions when I was doing all of my work. See as of now, Its hard for me to tell whether my motor is getting too much fuel or too much air....i think its air, so techincally, the larger pilot should dump a little more fuel in the motor for me.

How many guys are running the same setup as me or simular and have the 50? Who has the 48?

fox945
05-11-2009, 05:11 PM
I have an 05 R with full FMF exhaust with powerbomb header, K&N filter with outwears w/out airbox lid running a 185 main and 50 pilot.

Butter
05-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Got a little more done on my race bike, with ported head by Rossier, but its a HotCams Stg. I, stock piston, K&N with no lid, and a Rossier Full Exhaust. Running a 195 main, with a 50 pilot, with a HRC needle on clip position 4.

Practice bike is closer to yours. Sparks drop in cam, with their full exhaust and piston, open air box with a Uni, Running a 190 Main, 50 pilot, and HRC needle clip position 3.

Both are spot on without a single pop on decel. or accel. Chrisp response no matter where at in RPMs. Hope I helped just a bit. Good luck.

Sjorge450R
05-11-2009, 06:19 PM
buttler, where is your fuel screw?

rollie
05-11-2009, 06:28 PM
It's broken, you need a new quad.

Sjorge450R
05-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by rollie
It's broken, you need a new quad.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Dont even joke about that. this motor is 100% stock other than the piston. Also, all bearings and bushings and seals are 100% original. I have raced and abused this thing all 3 years :chinese:

rollie
05-11-2009, 09:56 PM
haha my bad, i just said it because your one of the few members that i can joke with haha, how come you dont have any SPASTIC graphics on your bike haha

Sjorge450R
05-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by rollie
haha my bad, i just said it because your one of the few members that i can joke with haha, how come you dont have any SPASTIC graphics on your bike haha

hahaha, no graphics because of no money. I am working up a set currently to get on there when the quad gets paid off (still owe about 1100 on it)

Sjorge450R
05-12-2009, 09:34 AM
so whos running the 50 pilot?

fastredrider44
05-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX

Dont even joke about that. this motor is 100% stock other than the piston. Also, all bearings and bushings and seals are 100% original. I have raced and abused this thing all 3 years :chinese:

Holy crap. Wish my motor would've held up to the abuse. Mine's far from stock. Had crank bearings put in... Year later had to get a new crank, which also led to piston, cam, valves, and getting seats cut. Less than a year later, had to get new clutch basket, shifter shaft, case half, cylinder, and new rings. Its getting kinda expensive. Don't know how you have 3 years and still have a relatively stock motor.

Anywho, I have the 50 pilot in mine.

Sjorge450R
05-12-2009, 12:32 PM
alright. I come home from college tomorrow and I am definetly hitting up my dealer for the pilot.

As for the motor....its all about the love and care. This quad is my baby. Oil change after every race and the only oil that has ever been in teh quad besides what comes from the factory is the Rotella 15w-40. Cables adjusted lubed and tightened. I may need a clutch soon. I might crack the cover open and check it out.

I am throwing a piston in there this summer and probally going to get the valves cut and such with new seals cause it smokes for a bit at start up, but other than that :macho