PDA

View Full Version : Compression? fuel?

bansheemorphine
05-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Right now i am running an 04 450r with a 13.5:1 comp piston, 3mm stroker crank, and a sparks racing head. I'm not really sure on the compression number but i am thinking because of the crank it is going to be more then 13.5 right?

I am using vp fuel c12 right now and it seems to run fine, but i can buy sunoco fuel for cheaper.

My question is should i use the "standard" leaded race fuel from sunoco or the "supreme" leaded race fuel? Also is there any pros and cons between the c12 and the sunoco and if i decide to run the sunoco is it ok to mix the two or should i drain my tank before switching?

Scro
05-11-2009, 01:46 PM
I would drain the tank before switching. I would be careful when you buy race fuel from a gas station. As long as there are a bunch of people buying from there it's OK. Race fuel can go bad quick, and if there isn't alot of people buying it, you could be buying gas that's been sitting for a while.

bansheemorphine
05-11-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm not buying it from a station, it's coming from a engine place so its coming in sealed 5 gallon drums. Can it still go bad even in a sealed drum?