PDA

View Full Version : what else can i do

yamahaman623
05-11-2009, 09:03 AM
i have an 2005 yfz with a sparks pipe, air filter, jets, piston cams, and head work. i mostly race with it and i need to get faster. its tuned up right its just that i wanted to know what else to do. i thought about sending my crank out to falicon but i dont know how much that will help. any suggestions will help.

Ryan
05-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Be a little more specific to exactly what mods have been done. And in your race class, can you exceed 450cc? If so, you could look into a big bore kit.

Also, play around with different sprockets and see what works best for the track your running.

Ride1Rob
05-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Better CDI, bigger valves, angled vavle job, carb work, boxless intake, lightened flywheel and as stated above bigbore. Depending on what cams you have you can go alot more aggressive for more power. Also, what kind of port job do you have? Some guys actually have a recreational ported head not a race ported head.

yamahaman623
05-11-2009, 04:41 PM
i have a dyna cdi so its about the best, and my port job is a race port done by tru way racing of blairsville and he knows what hes doing. i really dont want to go big bore even though i can in my race class. but how much will carb work help

Ride1Rob
05-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Boring the carb can give the bike more mid and top end pull. If you go too big it takes away from the bottom quite a bit. Mostly drag racers do this for topend speed. Most MX and tight trail guys need that bottom end grunt and usually don't do this mod.

The Falicon crank is a nice setup. This makes the motor spool up quite a bit faster because the crank has been lightened quite a bit. Because this piece is so expensive mostly serious racers or very financially stable individuals deal with Falicon. For the price of one of their cranks and a rod you can almost buy a complete motor.