PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Sleeve big bore kit

Nick24
05-10-2009, 08:08 PM
I have been looking at big bore kits( I always love more power) and have seen that you can by kits with just bigger sleeves for like half the price. I was just wondering if these are as effective as buying one that comes wit the new head. Also, does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to have the old sleeve punched out and the new put in. Will a big bore kit do anything without different cams?

airmobile101
05-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Let me give yea a little advice,get the kit. I just went thru that whole deal. I ended up going with Cylinder Works after I had a sleeve and everything. By the time you add up the cost with the sleeve price and an extra cylinder and then having it installed, your just better off buying the kit.

kawiracerj
05-11-2009, 11:38 AM
lol i just did the same upgrade but went with wiseco and i'd say the same thing.just buy the kit,its much better!! cheaper!! easier!! by the way i paid 200.00 dollars to get the sleeve put in! they dont tell you that **** when you buy,but why would they right? and if your looking for power then you will waste a bunch of time and money if you dont buy hotcams first or also.have head ported and polished and do cams and big bore and you will notice the power!just a big bore seems to just make it vibrate more lol! no real power diff.but after cams and port it was extremely powerful!

Nick24
05-11-2009, 05:46 PM
ok well thanks for that and it looks like i'll be having to save some money

airmobile101
05-11-2009, 05:52 PM
lol, hell yea that thing vibrates!!!!!!!! At first when I installed it, I couldn't really tell much of a difference since I was riding up and down the street to try breaking it in. Well, I could tell in 4th and 5th gear for sure,but that was it. I was sadly mistaken at this past race. That muther scared the sh*t out of me in the trails in 1st -3rd. I ended up clipping a tree because I under estimated it. It seriously felt like a different bike. I did manage to pull out second on the holeshot so I know that thing is doing what its suppose to do. Thats not bad considering I was the only 400 with a 440 kit on the line. The rest are 450r's and YFZ'S. Too bad I blew it in the first 3/4 miles of the race when I decided to go threw the yellow tape!

airmobile101
05-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Hey kawiracerj,
You running that 94.5mm Wiseco?