View Full Version : Cam Help!!!!

matt14c
05-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Well I began tearing my motor down for the first time that I had it back since it was stolen and to my surprise I believe the thief put in a Hot Cam in it. I dont know much about them. But the cam I just took out of my motor says hot cam on it on two different places. On the front right above where one of the sprocket bolts go in. Also on the shaft on the next lobe after the bearing goes on it says Hot Cam ground in then its says HCDB No:8 which looks like its stamped on. I never ran the motor since I got it back because I didnt have everything needed because the carb and head pipe was gone. Also wasnt sure about the interior. So im not sure if its any good and I dont know what stage it is. Can anyone help me out. Also how can I tell its any good?

rob_990
05-10-2009, 07:49 PM
justlook at the lobes for wear and to find out.how does it look?to find out what stage it is you could try calling hotcams and give them the info on it or ride it if it runs and see where you get the most power.but your eventually gonna have to figure out what stage it is or else you wont be able to adjust your valves.