PDA

View Full Version : Ouch, feel the pain. Ant Burke's crash in slo-mo

quad2xtreme
05-10-2009, 04:50 PM
This is 10% of normal speed. It is 6 seconds of video played over a 1 minute duration. It is in HD so be sure to click the HD button.

link to youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzeryVaSXh0)

Ant broke a bone in his wrist and had sore back. I am surprised he didn't suffer from a huge case of whiplash. Pretty sure that Leatt helped alot in this case.

Pay really close attention to Andy's movement while Ant is in the air. That small amount of movement was the difference between Ant's rear tire landing on the ground instead of hitting on top of Andy's rear tire. It is all racing and glad neither rider got seriously injured.

BlaineKaiser450
05-10-2009, 06:13 PM
thats crazy!!!

Brad77
05-10-2009, 08:18 PM
wow, I just had the same reaction I did when I looked at pappy's pics. :eek2:
That was a crazy wreck and very glad that it was not any worse.

quad2xtreme
05-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Brad77
wow, I just had the same reaction I did when I looked at pappy's pics. :eek2:
That was a crazy wreck and very glad that it was not any worse.

yea but notice I didn't even flinch at the wreck...where was Pappy? Yea, he was running like a jackrabbit! ;) :D

Of course he was on the wrong side of the track with Ant's quad trying to run him down. Haha! That is the problem with quads, they are never satisfied unless somebody gets run over in a wreck...doesn't matter who...anybody will do. :eek2:

Pappy
05-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
yea but notice I didn't even flinch at the wreck...where was Pappy? Yea, he was running like a jackrabbit! ;) :D

Of course he was on the wrong side of the track with Ant's quad trying to run him down. Haha! That is the problem with quads, they are never satisfied unless somebody gets run over in a wreck...doesn't matter who...anybody will do. :eek2:

Amen:p Now imagine looking through my big lens when this is all going down, you tend to loose depth perspective as the lens makes it look like teh action is 2 feet in front of me. By the time I snapped the shots (last 12 were on the run) they said it almost got me. I had no clue, chicken or not I was outta there. Usually I have a spotter (Cody) who will stand next to me at a bad location scanning for things I cant see while shooting. He was off taping himself and I should have been 100% safe where I was. More learning for everyone...youre never 100% safe! And if anyone saw, I headed for the nearest tree...to many years shooting GNCC races haha.

I would have been to the downed rider a few seconds sooner, but I saw he was crawling and wasn't in any danger of being run over. Flaggers had already run across to the KTM rider. I still thank god neither of those boys was hurt worse.

rodeo#11
05-11-2009, 07:47 AM
i dont blame ya for runnin pappy... i was at yadkinvally gncc last year and a bike jumped the creek jumped and his rebound bounced him off into the crowd and he hit a kid sittin in a fold out chair..poor kid got a gash in his knee to the bone..