PDA

View Full Version : back again

mineralgrey01gt
05-10-2009, 03:18 PM
well guys im getting bored down here in the south and im starting another 250r build. I miss mine and would love a 450 or hybrid but ill stick to the classics. If anyone has a 88/89 frame for sale or a cheap (can be cracked) aftermarket frame let me know. Ill be buying within the next few weeks if I can find one for a good price. Thanks.

Also to add, I have a 1983 honda odyssey im willing to trade for parts or sell for $250. Its a local pickup item. I can give more details and such on it if anyone is interested. Im located in French Settlement, LA about 30 minutes out of Baton Rouge, LA and 35 minutes from Hammond, LA

To give everyone a quick layout of what I have and my theme im going with

This is what I have so far:
front shocks
spindles and front hubs
headstay mount
radiator
exhaust (minus silencer)
rear brake caliper bracket
dogbone to frame link
rear brake pedal spring
rear brake pedal
full seat
rear wheels and tires

Parts purchased so far for the 450r conversion:
04/05 swingarm
04/05 rear shock w/ all linkage
tie rods w/ ends

Theme:
All stock looking 1986 theme. Going for an exact match to stock but with:
white maier 2pc plastics w/ blue hood and tank cover
stock 250r graphics for that year
red frame
gold pc'd douglas shamrock wheels
black pc'd AC propegs with black nets
gold pc'd swingarm
gold pc'd a-arms (painting stock ones shortly)

I have a run on ebay of a 88/89 frame that is cracked w/ steering stem and a few other little things. Its small cracks, nothing too bad. Also found a killer 86 frame on ebay in which I will weld the rear motor mount in this one to keep from destroying it

pdxbigfoot
05-11-2009, 12:28 AM
Mineral...how are ya??
Hit up jhtrx250r here he's got a great frame for sale and is a great guy.
Lets keep your build this time huh??

mineralgrey01gt
05-11-2009, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by pdxbigfoot
Mineral...how are ya??
Hit up jhtrx250r here he's got a great frame for sale and is a great guy.
Lets keep your build this time huh??

pretty good, hows your 250r holding up? Got any finished pics of it? I havent seen it in quite some time nor have ive been on the site. Ill see what he has for sale, preferably id rather a stock 88/89 frame, they seem much easier to find parts for than the 86 I had. Ill definitely keep the next one as long as I dont get into any financial trouble like last time, which I shouldnt but you never know.

mineralgrey01gt
05-11-2009, 01:37 PM
bump for the day crew, help a fellow former 250r owner out!

mineralgrey01gt
05-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Im going to use this thread as my build thread. Its going to take some time to get parts in and such but ill update it as I go. The first post will be edited with all information of what I have so far. Ill keep everyone posted on it.