PDA

View Full Version : Any Problems?

06 Honda 450R
05-10-2009, 02:17 PM
has there been any problems with the 700 or has there been any recals

sprayedgt
05-10-2009, 06:03 PM
The only problems I've had with mine is the looks I get after beating Craptor 700's at the drags;)

scuzz
05-10-2009, 08:38 PM
No recalls.

As an admin on a 700xx site I have seen:

1 engine failure that was warrantied
2 broken CV boots (mine was warrantied, another was not)
3 broken flag holder tabs on the rear grab bar - all warrantied.

Nothing else mechanical related. (people bend wheels, handlebars and stuff like that)

06 Honda 450R
05-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
No recalls.

As an admin on a 700xx site I have seen:

1 engine failure that was warrantied
2 broken CV boots (mine was warrantied, another was not)
3 broken flag holder tabs on the rear grab bar - all warrantied.

Nothing else mechanical related. (people bend wheels, handlebars and stuff like that)
sweet man, ya you probably see everything on that sight

scuzz
05-11-2009, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by 06 Honda 450R
sweet man, ya you probably see everything on that sight

Yep, but I only know what people post about.

So far I've been very pleased with it.

06 Honda 450R
05-11-2009, 09:33 PM
im tryin to get my bro back into ridin, he doesnt want to race but he wants alot of power so i am trying to convince him into gettin the 700xx than him gettin a raptor, so tell what you like and not like about it

scuzz
05-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Cons:

For technical trails the gearing could be lower (solution the 450r sprockets are the same size - drop it down one)

Slow speed turning isn't that great. The rear end has more bite than other quads so they gain more traction than the fronts. (the solution change your riding position and lean on the bars a little more in the slow turns)

11" rear wheels. Only one tire manufacturer makes serious tires for this quad in 11". ITP makes 10" replacement wheels but the clearance stinks on the inside of the wheel.

Plastics by the pegs look great until you ride it for the 1st time, then they scuff up pretty bad.

IMO It's not a MX quad. It's 505 pounds of quad, and on the trail it's not that noticeable, but in a tight sweeper with my 450r buddies, I knew it was there. (I reeled them in on the straights though)

Pro's:

IRS ROCKS! Off camber landings are a dream.

Awesome clearance! (helping your SRA buddies get un-high centered will get old though when they try to follow you)

Gobbs of power! I came from a 400 ex and it was night-and-day how much more power this thing has. It's usable and grunty and loves to climb.

The center based sprocket is up and out of the way of mud and debris (The Polaris' is also). If you've ever been creek or mud riding you'll notice how quicklt that rear rotor eats pads on SRA quads.

It's made for big people! - I'm 6'6" and love how much room I have. I was told I looked like a spider riding a fly on my 400EX.

Honda reliability. The race proven XR650 motor was the basis for this 686cc motor that they put in the 700xx. The parts are not interchangeable though.

Fuel injection! No longer do you need to choke your quad to get it started in cold weather or mess with jetting ever again.

This is the quintessential trail quad. I've done stuff with this that you just couldn't do with an SRA quad. For example you know those deep rutted out off camber trails that you see where peoples handlebars have drug the sidewall? Not with a IRS quad. You can simply lean on the high side and compress the suspension and move on.

How that for an idea?

06 Honda 450R
05-11-2009, 10:24 PM
sweet thanks man, ya he is lookin for an all around powerfull quad for trails, mud, dunes, and just ridin around, do you think this a good bike for this

scuzz
05-12-2009, 07:39 AM
Yes, totally.

One time I was riding and there were these two utilities that were trying to go up a steep bank on the Red River between Texas and Oklahoma. Anyways, the bottom was soft and muddy from their multiple attempts and....very...heavily...rutted.

They would drive up them, get high centered (even with their IRS). One guy almost rolled his backwards when he was sliding down backwards and got hung. It was literally standing straight up and down. He bailed and it went back down on it's wheels.

I made it up the 1st try without any stopping. They tried three more times and gave up.