PDA

View Full Version : What Shocks

11-18-2001, 11:10 AM
I was wanting to know what are the best shocks for a 400ex were that are for recreational but can handle some of the bigger jumps also and wont bottom out

kabd69667
11-18-2001, 11:42 AM
You can get Elka triple rates for 550. They have SSD, it's just like PEP's zero preload. Go to www.hsdracing.com

11-18-2001, 11:59 AM
what about works triple rate with rezzies

sly400ex
11-18-2001, 06:29 PM
I just ordered some yesterday from Terry at Marcums's. Works triple rates w/rezzies for $479 to my door! I have heard great things about these shocks too!

AlaskaSpeed
11-18-2001, 08:46 PM
Yes, the Works triple rates make great paper weights after the shaft bends too...BONUS...two uses in one! JIM

400exRacerX
11-19-2001, 08:13 PM
The shafts only bend if you poorly maintian your bike........therefore riding it with bent a arms putting stress on the shock and eventually bending the shaft. I wanted some elka triple rates with rezzies, Guy660r talked me into them but my mom wouldnt let me spend that much cash on them and I had to settle for works triple rates w/rezzies. They are nice shocks and perform way better then stock! But don't get me wrong works triple rates aren't know elka shock.

AlaskaSpeed
11-19-2001, 08:30 PM
Come on now....we both know that that is NOT the only reason the Works with the 1/2" shafts would bend! You can't come out with a comment like that when there is no way it is true.

11-20-2001, 06:46 AM
the best shocks out there right now are probably the tcs zps, but they are not cheap, a good shock that i would reccomend is the pep limeted mass front shocks for 750.00

11-20-2001, 06:50 AM
So what would be the reason they would bend,,I could believe that internal seals being blown or wore out,,which would cause serious heat build up to cause the shaft not to travel properly and be put in a bind or just flat out not work the way it was designed. Someone else on here said there stocker shock did that but I thought it was a works thing.:huh

And I think the peps are good too but I dont' think I would want to wait 3 months to get them. And once pep sells them it's like impossible to get any kind of support or help with them if you need it,,I've not heard good things about PEP service or technical help.

MOFO
11-20-2001, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Alaska_400EX
Come on now....we both know that that is NOT the only reason the Works with the 1/2" shafts would bend! You can't come out with a comment like that when there is no way it is true.

no offense, but its getting old seeing your comments about Works shocks. I have yet to see anyone on here complain about them as much as you. If they were 1/2 as bad as you make them out to be, they would have been out of business years ago. True, the Elka might be a better shock, but Works are much better than the stockers. Not everyone on here is willing to drop $$$ more for a pair of shocks when they only trail ride and do small jumps.

Eric

justinh
11-20-2001, 08:17 AM
Those ELKA prices on that web-site are in Canadian dollars right? because if not those are more expensive than AXIS shocks....

11-20-2001, 02:10 PM
the elka shocks do u pay 55o for each or both of them together

AlaskaSpeed
11-20-2001, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by VWVR6

no offense, but its getting old seeing your comments about Works shocks. I have yet to see anyone on here complain about them as much as you. If they were 1/2 as bad as you make them out to be, they would have been out of business years ago. True, the Elka might be a better shock, but Works are much better than the stockers. Not everyone on here is willing to drop $$$ more for a pair of shocks when they only trail ride and do small jumps.

Eric

No offense, but if you don't like something ignore it. I could care less what you are tired of seeing...I am tired of people posting proofless claims on here too, but that is their right...any other questions or comments about me personally can be kept to yourself until I decide I don't mind reading your ignorant attacks....JIM

kabd69667
11-20-2001, 04:24 PM
Sorry to tell ya, but i think axis starts at (around) $850. The elkas start at $550 for two shocks, triple rate, ssd. Then later if you want you can add rezzies.

justinh
11-20-2001, 08:36 PM
well if you go to the HSD web site above the ELKA's that are comprable to axis' shocks or tcs shocks are just as much or more, unless the prices are in canadian dollars which maybe since they are in canada, the shocks that are $511.00 are non adjustable dual rate front shocks with no rezzies.....doesn't seem to be that great of a deal....