PDA

View Full Version : chain and sprokets

dvx304racer
05-10-2009, 11:53 AM
My chain has strectched to its max and keeps jumping off and finally i got sick of it and took it off and found out I have no more teeth on the front sprockt so I was wondering what type of chain I should get and how to get more top speed without loseing all my torque. i have it stock set up with a 40 in the rear and a 14 up front. I was thinking of getting a 15 in the front is this a good idea or no. Any advise would be great thanks.

knoxville9
05-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Well chains all strech, doesnt matter what brand you have it'll stretch so I'd just go with what evers cheap but DEFINATELY get an o-ring chain. As for the 15 tooth sprocket, that will take away some of your torque for sure, your top speed will increase but you'll loose bottom end. It's give and take if your drag racing only about 50 - 70 yards or something 14 would be fine. The 15 would only be worth it if your doing like a 1/4 mile runs or something. I run a 13 tooth for racing and trail riding lots of bottom end which is what i like. Its personal preference really

dvx304racer
05-10-2009, 12:40 PM
ya i know to get an o ring chain but how many links and I have my quad set up for torque now its just i wish i had a little more in each gear for when I'm drag racing

knoxville9
05-10-2009, 12:52 PM
I couldnt tell you off the top of my head how many links, but I think the 15 won't be what you want and I ride roads a lot and i know what your talking about wanting a lil more. But when i dump the clutch at the track or anywhere with my 13 its got a lil drag and then it just flys but with a 15 id probably stall haha

drzoo2
05-10-2009, 02:22 PM
For the price get a stock 14 and a 15 and see for yourself. It's only $15 or $20 more. Stock length chain is 96.

z