PDA

View Full Version : headgasket?

81 clark racing
05-10-2009, 11:31 AM
i just put a stage 2 cam in my 05 400ex when i let the jack down in the front oil started leadking out of the head all over my floor. blown head gasket? or is something else wrong? also what are the reccomened torque on the head bolts? as for them cam instal what are the steps i SHOULD of done when putting it in? thanxs

honda400ex2003
05-10-2009, 01:12 PM
I would say that it is not tightened all the way. The head gasket would not leak oil, the gasket holding the head cover on might though. I would just torque them tight the specs are too much i think but it is about 8 or 9 lb-ft. Once you get the cam bolted in, make sure you check the valves to get them close and run it at varying speeds and rpms to break it in. Once you get it broke in, readjust the valves or at least make sure they are still in spec. There should be a sheet that it comes with but i think the intake is .005 and the exhaust is .006. i am not sure exactly on that though. Other than doing that just make sure it is all tight and all but the head cover is torqued down right. That is the least worry since it does not actually holding anything tight except from leaking oil. Good luck, Steve