PDA

View Full Version : Another "won't start" thread

buster024
05-10-2009, 11:14 AM
My friend has an 07 450r w/ electric start. It's been garaged for probably 3 months, w/ a drained carb. When we went to start it this weekend, we get nothing. The bike turns over, but no fire. We've changed the plug, checked the air filter flow, checked the fuel flow into the carb, checked the float bowl to make sure nothing is stuck, and checked the jets for debris.

I'm at a loss here.....I'm not all that familiar with the different parts on a 450 vs. my 400. If we turn the fuel switch on, should fuel run through through the carb and out the overflow (assuming we have the screw open)?

The bike has ran great until just this trip, and nothing else has changed. WTF.

chevys&honda$
05-10-2009, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by buster024

I'm at a loss here.....I'm not all that familiar with the different parts on a 450 vs. my 400. If we turn the fuel switch on, should fuel run through through the carb and out the overflow (assuming we have the screw open)?
----------------------------------------------------
if the fuel is on and you have the screw open on the bottom of the carb, it should drain and keep draining until you close the screw.

WilRideAnything
05-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Did you take the carb a part and clean the pilot jet? If not that's what you need to do.