PDA

View Full Version : Needle Jet

ERLBUTTERNUT
05-10-2009, 12:40 AM
I have been surfing this site for a few months now and have seen some very good, truthful, and useful information.

Now here's my question, While installing a 440 kit we also bought a dynojet jet kit. After removing the 17mm plug and breaking the main jet free, the whole needle holder assembly came out, at that point in time, should the needle jet have fallen out of the carb? or could it still be in there?

I only ask because we cant get it started, and I am questioning everything we did.
Also, does anyone know what the stock setting is for the needle jet holder? Or do you just slightly bottom it out and tighten the locknut?

Zeb400EX
05-10-2009, 01:31 AM
if your needle fell out when you took out the main jet,it sounds like the clip wasn't on the needle. It shouldn't fall out like that. The stock needle should be on the middle slot. That would be the 3rd slot.

ERLBUTTERNUT
05-11-2009, 09:33 PM
"Could the Needle JET fallen out at that time." Without The needle Jet holder installed, looking up the needle( with the slide closed), the needle itself blocks the hole it comes through completely. Is that the needle jet, or am I missing Something

F-16Guy
05-12-2009, 06:47 AM
I think it's supposed to block the hole with the slide closed. It should be running off the idle circuit at that point. Did you install a 42 pilot jet? A lean pilot would cause hard starting issues, especially with high compression big bore. Did you install the DJ main jet adapter? What main do you have in there?

edit -- check this out:

www.myural.com/keihin_32cvk_disassembly.htm