PDA

View Full Version : And i thought they had this problem fixed...

fasterblaster02
05-09-2009, 11:25 PM
well i was going down a hill at the badlands in attica today and i hear the most awful noise. I thought my tranny or motor was shot with only 14.5 hrs on it. So i get to looking and see 1 rear sprocket bolt missing and the thin steel bolt retainer piece is all tangled up in the chain, so that shot my day of riding. All this was after i folded over one side of my new bumper when i hit a tree following my brother on his dirt bike and found out i couldnt quite make it through where he was going :( i will get some pics later.

somewon
05-10-2009, 07:14 AM
ouch, sounds like you had a bad day.

serokk
05-13-2009, 12:08 PM
I rode on 2 wheeled thumpers most of my life until now....gotta get used to this new wide footprint or it's gonna kill me when I try going in between some close trees!!! :eek:

ojcool
05-26-2009, 07:24 PM
I never took mine for the recall. I just put some locktite on the bolts. I don't think a "retainer" is going to work very well.

fasterblaster02
05-26-2009, 07:47 PM
well i have seen retainers work well on other quads, but loctite seems to work for about everything. I just had another problem with it at my race sunday, not sure exactly how it happened but the chain came off and finished my race.