PDA

View Full Version : ok im stumped....

Warnerade
05-09-2009, 05:31 PM
LT-R runs great...

fuel pressure regulator goes bad during a moto...I raced 2 more motos with a bad regulator = bike running lean.

I put some new rings and a new regulator in.

Bikes wont run.

I am getting fuel and spark. Tried a brand new spark plug. Replaced the CDI, tried a new fuel injector. I have no idea wtf is causing my bike not to start...I've tried everything pretty much.

any genious ideas?

Warnerade
05-09-2009, 07:52 PM
I believe I said genius ideas, not ideas that will make the poster look like a complete tool.

but hey, whatever sinks your ship buddy

Warnerade
05-09-2009, 07:56 PM
are you that dense?

bmxican345
05-10-2009, 08:51 AM
maybe compression? just a thought i mean my ltr has a whole lot of trouble starting when the valves get out of wack or the rings go bad. although it does seem like this happened a little too fast for it to be a compression issue but hey you never know.

pitcrew
05-10-2009, 09:14 AM
lol if u were posting a response i believe it would be........ take it to the dealer

Warnerade
05-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by pitcrew
lol if u were posting a response i believe it would be........ take it to the dealer you sure about that? I think you got me confused with someone else from that thread

its in time, has compression, valve clearances are right on. This is getting ridiculous

pitcrew
05-10-2009, 10:34 AM
no i have it right... i posted a thread a couple of weeks ago about cleaning a o-ring chain and ur response was a new one.

Warnerade
05-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by pitcrew
no i have it right... i posted a thread a couple of weeks ago about cleaning a o-ring chain and ur response was a new one. well that note, my response would be to get a new bike, close though lol

pitcrew
05-10-2009, 10:51 AM
lol dang why didnt i think of that lol

LTR450_#67
05-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Shawn, does the FI light blink at all? Did just happen to forget to turn the fuel back on? Does it even fire at all? Double check your electrical connections?

Just some questions to narrow it down maybe.

Warnerade
05-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
Shawn, does the FI light blink at all? Did just happen to forget to turn the fuel back on? Does it even fire at all? Double check your electrical connections?

Just some questions to narrow it down maybe. yes the fuel was on for each attempt, I made that mistake back in the day. ALl the connections were checked 8 times, I sprayed ether in the air boot and it still didnt start. It sounds like it wants to fire...it just cant. I dont know.

I cant check to see if my EFI light blinks because its not plugged in. I will plug it in and check in the morning though.

thanks for the idea I had completely forgotten about that

diangelo#67
05-11-2009, 08:04 PM
yeah mine stopped in the middle of my moto at virginia national. Thought of all these things OMG somthing electrical I am so scared of electrical malfunction.......a rock hit the key switch zip tied it back together, ........sweetness

just when you think of all those little expensive extensive things that are maybe wrong. somthing stupid like a key switch is broke. so down think about it start basic like "key"

Warnerade
05-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by diangelo#67
yeah mine stopped in the middle of my moto at virginia national. Thought of all these things OMG somthing electrical I am so scared of electrical malfunction.......a rock hit the key switch zip tied it back together, ........sweetness

just when you think of all those little expensive extensive things that are maybe wrong. somthing stupid like a key switch is broke. so down think about it start basic like "key" haha I've been there before too. Its not my key, I checked all the fuses, nothings blown. I plugged my EFI lights back in...they didnt blink.

I took it to a shop, screwwwwwww it

ohsobad_chevy
05-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Let us know what was wrong with it.

Warnerade
05-13-2009, 05:35 PM
even the shop has no idea wtf is wrong with it...this is getting ridiculous.

LTR450_#67
05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
That lil vacuum line that goes from the throttle body to sensor isn't getting pinched is it? That will do pretty much what you explained.....

Just a thought

Aaron

Warnerade
05-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
That lil vacuum line that goes from the throttle body to sensor isn't getting pinched is it? That will do pretty much what you explained.....

Just a thought

Aaron ya I even replaced that line and the sensor on my throttle body lol...ughhhhh

keep the ideas comin! ones gotta work sooner or later

bmxican345
05-14-2009, 01:13 PM
tip over sensor?

one thing i would double check are the rings on the piston, you said you put new rings in and if they are even a little off you get no compression.

another thing you can try is when your cranking it over feather the throttle just a little bit to the spot where it cranks faster. if you find that sweet spot it tends to fire up easier.. just some experience with my bike running like crap

Robin Hood
05-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Check your petcock. Haha

diangelo#67
05-14-2009, 07:44 PM
wait,wait......check the fuel filter

that was a bi#@h the first time that happend

Warnerade
05-15-2009, 02:26 PM
fuel filter is alright...its only got like 5 rides on it.

my next bright idea was the decompression on the exhaust cam...maybe its stuck open. ill let ya know when I find out thats not the problem either. :(

Warnerade
05-16-2009, 04:39 PM
so apperantly, my cam actually spun on the sprocket...so looking at the two dots on the cam sprockets, it looked like is was in time...but really, the intake was about 3 teeth off from where the lobes were "supposed" to be....

I put a different set of cams back in it, and it still wont start.

I have a feeling that with the lobes being off like that I smacked my intake valves into my piston and bent a brand new set of valves.

FML.

FHKracingZ
05-16-2009, 05:09 PM
That sucks.. I was gonna go with that your flux capacitor went out.. are you sure you didnt check that thing?

ohsobad_chevy
05-17-2009, 08:40 AM
Tear it apart and find out.