PDA

View Full Version : Part of the family now

Nosspeedca
05-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Well, first off i would like to say hey to everyone. You all make this site awesome. Anyways, i am going to be aprt of the family soon. I have been doing massive amount of reserch and decided to jump in and get the 09 ds450. I got accepted into the race program that can-am is offering and i am buying a 09 x-mx... I race in Pa in the Pa state hare scrambles series and d6harescrambles series... The quad it at the dealer just waiting on the Stage one kit to come in(Motoworks SR4 exhaust, race ECM, radiator grill, battery support). I decided to get the mx because of the 50in front end but i am getting the xc tires and skid plates. I will Post Pictures when i get it...

Thanks to everyone for making this a great site!

coryatver
05-09-2009, 05:18 PM
50 inch for xc? :confused: Way to wide

Nosspeedca
05-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Yeah we were debating on what to get and decided to get the 50 in... good or bad will find out...

I thought the pro racers like chris borich and others are running 50in fronts??

Nosspeedca
05-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Alright, i will see what i can do

coryatver
05-10-2009, 06:49 AM
I am sure you could sell the ds mx a-arms easily and get some xc arms.

Nosspeedca
05-10-2009, 09:18 AM
yeah. i dont know what i am going to do yet. Anyways with the stage 1 is it going to wake it up?

Seed
05-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Go with what fits your riding style. Just because they made 2 diff quads for different races doesnt mean you cant use a mx for xc. I prefer 50 width it fits me perfectly and i ride trails all day long with no problems, just change your tires size so you dont have a problem with higher opsticles. Youll be just fine with the mx version. Plus the handling with 50 width will be much better. You may need to change a little bit of gearing to get a little more low end grunt but youll be fine. Just remember you are going to be faster on something that you feel comfortable on and if the extra width suits you better and makes you more confident you will do alot better in races.

Nosspeedca
05-10-2009, 12:47 PM
That is what i was thinking that it will be more stable and there for i can ride faster. Also got the mx for resale because i belive that there is a higher demand for a 50in front end than a 46in in resale but idk that is my idea. Any ways i got the mx but I got all the parts off the xc. like Tires And skid plates... so i will have that ground clearance.

k4f5x0r
05-10-2009, 01:54 PM
any chance you wanna sell the stock rims and tires? i might be interested ;)

coryatver
05-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Seed
Go with what fits your riding style. Just because they made 2 diff quads for different races doesnt mean you cant use a mx for xc. I prefer 50 width it fits me perfectly and i ride trails all day long with no problems, just change your tires size so you dont have a problem with higher opsticles. Youll be just fine with the mx version. Plus the handling with 50 width will be much better. You may need to change a little bit of gearing to get a little more low end grunt but youll be fine. Just remember you are going to be faster on something that you feel comfortable on and if the extra width suits you better and makes you more confident you will do alot better in races.

I don't know about your tracks in Iowa but the tracks in PA they are narrower then 50 inches wide in a lot of places. In the awrcs series some places even on a stock quad you got to hit it at an angle to fit through. Your new can am will be traction for all the guys you are holding up when you get stuck in between 2 trees:eek2:

Seriously though sell the stock arms Lots of guys on here will buy them right up for there regular DS's. Then get some aftermarket xc arms and 4:1 offset wheels to narrow it up and take away bump steer. Then you will have the perfect front end.

Nosspeedca
05-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
any chance you wanna sell the stock rims and tires? i might be interested ;)

Nope sorry bud

Nosspeedca
05-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
I don't know about your tracks in Iowa but the tracks in PA they are narrower then 50 inches wide in a lot of places. In the awrcs series some places even on a stock quad you got to hit it at an angle to fit through. Your new can am will be traction for all the guys you are holding up when you get stuck in between 2 trees:eek2:

Seriously though sell the stock arms Lots of guys on here will buy them right up for there regular DS's. Then get some aftermarket xc arms and 4:1 offset wheels to narrow it up and take away bump steer. Then you will have the perfect front end.

I understand what you mean... I will race my next race as is and see how it goes... What series do you race coryatver?

coryatver
05-11-2009, 07:21 AM
The AWRCS

Nosspeedca
05-11-2009, 06:08 PM
OK cool cool.

Rapyosi
05-11-2009, 06:36 PM
You should listen to Coryatver or you will be sorry *** once you find out that you are getting caught up with trees all the time.

One time I raced my Raptor with offset wheels to make it wider, BIG MISTAKE, I bend the tie rod and I was much slower through the woods.

Should have went with XC model.....

Nosspeedca
05-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Should of indeed. But i am stuck now i am going to pick it up Wednesday... If i find it to be too wide which i probably will i will just change out the arms.