PDA

View Full Version : Mikuni Carb?

BEAVER.989
05-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Does anyone run the Mikuni carb sold on XR's Only? How does it compare to some of the other carbs out there?

BEAVER.989
05-09-2009, 05:00 PM
The XR400 guys over at ThumperTalk seem pretty sold on this carb. I'm surprised nobody here has any experience with it on the EX...

triple b
05-11-2009, 11:33 AM
I love mine on my XR400.......Way better than the stock XR carb.

BEAVER.989
05-11-2009, 12:54 PM
A vast majority of the XR400 guys believe this is the very best mod for their bikes. With the similarities between the bike and our quads, I'm really surprised nobody here has one. Maybe I'll save my pennies and be the first.

05-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Im surprised no one has chimed in about it.... I've noticed their is alot of "favoritism" on this forum. Some people will make a thread about the dumbest and randomest sh1t and it'll be at the top of the page for weeks. When more important stuff like this, noone sees.

triple b
05-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by BEAVER.989
A vast majority of the XR400 guys believe this is the very best mod for their bikes. With the similarities between the bike and our quads, I'm really surprised nobody here has one. Maybe I'll save my pennies and be the first.

It was the best money I ever spent on my XR…….I think the big difference is the stock XR400 carb does not have an accelerator pump there for it has a flat spot. The stock XR is also a PITA to start when it is cold. The Mikuni fixed both problem

The stock EX carb is a nice piece and the XRs only Mikuni kit would be an upgrade but I do not think it is as much of an improvement as it is on the XR.

Originally posted by H8FatKids
Im surprised no one has chimed in about it.... I've noticed their is alot of "favoritism" on this forum. Some people will make a thread about the dumbest and randomest sh1t and it'll be at the top of the page for weeks. When more important stuff like this, noone sees.

I agree.......Another thing I don’t get about the EX guys is there are not sticky threads on how to un cork the EX. The XR guys have the "Gordon Mods" which is a list of 5 things you can do to the XR to get the most out of it with minimal cost.