PDA

View Full Version : R1, Turbo Help Needed.

quadbod
05-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Just about to start a Raptor R1 turbo conversion.

I want to get a +6 or +8 inch swinger, what do you guys recomend (american star?)

What a-arms as well? I want +3 inch.

I'm doing this a bit of a budget!!

What do you think??

trick450r
05-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by quadbod
Just about to start a Raptor R1 turbo conversion.

I want to get a +6 or +8 inch swinger, what do you guys recomend (american star?)

What a-arms as well? I want +3 inch.

I'm doing this a bit of a budget!!

What do you think??

One thing ive learned through experience with custom forced induction builds is you shouldnt even start unless you have atleast twice your budget in available cash. And also with that kind of horsepower i wouldnt even consider American star products, get something worth while, LSR, houser, walsh, whomever. how much are you looking at spending? i cant imagine doing this project for less than 5-7k, that is if you plan to do it right. Do you have the motor already? if so, what year? do you have a turbo and plumbing already? Your also gonna need some decent suspension front and rear or else your gonna end up on your back with a raptor riding you doggy style the second you crack the throttle...

quadbod
05-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Got the motor already, its an 05 with 175bhp, full loom, clocks..... basically a complete bike.
Should be picking up the Raptor this week.
Turbo kit is in hand, as well.

The buget will be more like 10k..ish..

trick450r
05-10-2009, 03:55 PM
well in that case, get to work and lets see it! lol

quadbod
05-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Getting the raptor on Wednesday and have the R1 already, I'll post pictures as we go.