PDA

View Full Version : DIY air scoops?

jrwisehart
05-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Does anyone have plans for air scoops? They don't look too hard to make and i go vocational school for machine trades so i have access to everything i need.

dariusld
05-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Long thread (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40767&highlight=scoops)

beags86
05-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by jrwisehart
Does anyone have plans for air scoops? They don't look too hard to make and i go vocational school for machine trades so i have access to everything i need.

i built my own with no plans or pattern. i read all the threads on here and honstly they seamed worthless to me, they just don't make any sense,... if you going to vocational school then you should be able to work your way though it, it's really fairly easy, just make a cardboard template test fit it alot and make changes as you see fit to make it perfect. after your happy with the cardboard move on to your metal. i nailed mine on the first try (due to plenty of trial and error and carefull measuring) but you might need to try more then once(which is ok). really it comes down to thinking it out and taking your time.

heres a pic of mine