PDA

View Full Version : chroming

jcs003
05-09-2009, 11:12 AM
does anyone know (ballpark) what it would cost to get a 2-stroke pipe re-chromed?

416exfreak
05-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by jcs003
does anyone know (ballpark) what it would cost to get a 2-stroke pipe re-chromed?

I think most pipes are nickel plated, not chromed, but I could be wrong.

It really depends on where you take it. Defferent shops are going to charge different prices.

Have you thought about getting it ceramic coated, or JetHot coated?

<a href="http://www.jet-hot.com/">JetHot Coatings</a>

They even come in different colors now. When I got the exhaust on my 440 done, it only came in a silver color. It really does reduce the temperature on the outside of the pipe, and on a two-stroke, a cooler pipe means a less burnt leg in many cases.:D

05LSR250R
05-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Call CT Racing or another shop that offers their pipes in chrome. My LRD is triple plated chrome! Show Chrome they call it! That thing is as beautiful as the day I bought it 5 years ago! Cant go wrong with chrome buddy! It never goes outta style!:devil:

jcs003
05-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by 05LSR250R
Call CT Racing or another shop that offers their pipes in chrome. My LRD is triple plated chrome! Show Chrome they call it! That thing is as beautiful as the day I bought it 5 years ago! Cant go wrong with chrome buddy! It never goes outta style!:devil:

i agree my friend. it is an ESR trx6 i bought of one the guys here and it was a great deal for an awesome pipe, just had some oxidation.

do you think ESR would re-do it at a good price?

05LSR250R
05-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Call them up and see! I think on my pipe the show chrome was an extra 125 bucks! However, the pipe was new when they shipped it to the chromer! That means the chromer didnt have to make repairs and such! The better the pipe condition is in the before chroming the cheaper it should be! Thats because they dont have to put as much labor into it! Maybe you should contact a custom car shop near you and talk to them about who does their chroming?