PDA

View Full Version : magura hydraulic clutch install?

bubbag
05-08-2009, 09:40 PM
So I bought a Magura Hydraulic clutch off a member here. It is all brand new but I can't figure out how to bleed the thing to get it to work, Because the bolt that is used to hold the line is gun drilled (banjo bolt?) with a hole through it to allow oil to pass through it and into the hydraulic actuator. Does anyone have any pics of there's I am wondering if mine is for a differant bike because I had to make custom mounts just to get the damn thing on the quad. and just wondering how to work on the thing.....

sandspanker
05-09-2009, 09:31 AM
:) well if it is new out of the box, you should be able to just put it on like i did with my 2 that i have. If not what you want to do is just mount it on the quad, but not the slave cyl. leave that lose. pull the master cyl. cap off, then work the slave by hand move the rod slow working the bubbles out of the line. should work then. Get your minds out of the gutter guys. lol:p

bubbag
05-09-2009, 10:08 AM
just wondering but did yours come with a mount to mount the slave cylinder on the engine? can u take a picture for me of how yours mounts up? I was trying to work the slave cylinder with the master cylinder lid off guess I will just keep at it.

Aceman
05-09-2009, 10:52 AM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u305/Poopfarmer/carb4.jpg

deathman53
05-09-2009, 03:35 PM
the best way to do it is to back bleed it. Its simple, get magura blood or plain mineral oil. Next go to the animal feed supply, some pet shops might have them also and get a piece of hose that just fits over the nipple and a sirenge. Its commonly used to give animals medicine with a sirenge and hose. Once you have everything, remove the top from the lever/master, open the bleeder, pull fluid into the sirenge, and put the hose on the sirenge and bleeder. Next turn the red adjuster on the magura until its totally in. Simply use the sirenge/hose and push the mineral oil up to the master, it will come out of the master, you will want something under it to catch the oil. Push until the oil starts showing up at the master and then push 2-3 sirenge fulls. Close the bleeder and it should work. Then adjust the level of the fluid in the master, too much fluid will cause the rod to push out(clutch slippage) and a hard pull. If you want to order a kit, just get the clutch bleeder kit for KTM's.

bubbag
05-10-2009, 09:48 AM
I didn't get the nipple.... mine is just a bolt... I wonder what I should do ???

bubbagodkin
05-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks guys got it working today....