PDA

View Full Version : 300ex rev limiter. New comer to the sight!

Velocity Raptor
01-02-2003, 05:15 PM
Hi Guys,
Im new to the sight so Im having a hard time getting around in here so Ill just ask.
My son has a 300ex and the rev limiter is kicking in way too early.
I have bypassed the reverse limiter with no problems but the top end limiter is giving me fits.
Does anyone know how I can bypass this or maybe how to fix the problem?
Thanks in advance.

redrider ex
01-02-2003, 05:21 PM
there is no way to bypass it because it is in the cdi you can how ever buy a after market one like white brothers that has a higher limit

Velocity Raptor
01-02-2003, 05:29 PM
That sounds good, how much do they run or is there anyone out there with a used one?

redrider ex
01-02-2003, 05:37 PM
they run around $100 bucks but tell me somthing is there some thing wrong with the one you have or does the bike just have alot of mods on it making it over rev and hit the rev limiter.
If there is just some thing wrong with yours and you want another stock CDI box i have a brand new one i will sell for $50 bucks.

300exazzkikr
01-02-2003, 05:51 PM
what kind of mods are you running?

killed300ex
01-02-2003, 05:52 PM
how did you bypass the reverse limiter? I wanna do that i hate the limiter in reverse
killed

Velocity Raptor
01-02-2003, 05:54 PM
An IDS Supertrapp, K&N filter, DynoJet Stage 1 and thats it.

Velocity Raptor
01-02-2003, 05:57 PM
Here you go!

Removing the reverse rev limiter!
An easy way to remove the reverse rev limiter is.....
follow the 2 wires going from the reverse switch(behind brake pedal) up to the harness, (the wires are light green and white)
unplug the white from the harness and ground it to the frame!
(I grounded to the battery holder bracket!) and thats all there is to it! The only thing is it disables your reverse light,your nuetral light will stay on in reverse, but you shouldn't have to rely on a light to know if you're in reverse. Also you'll be able to start your 300 in reverse too (which i thought was kind of handy)
I've used this mod for well over a year and never had to worry about blowin my motor up while backing up! The stock limiter i thought kicked in to early to even help you back out of a simple little mudhole, or back up a little incline of a hill! With the mod you'll be able to back out of any trouble now!

hope this helps.

Predator36
01-02-2003, 06:37 PM
There are several companies that remove the stock rev. limiter in the stock CDI box. I think you have to send them the box for the modification. Prices used to vary from $65.00 to $85.00. Companies that used to to do them include Sparks, TC, and GT.

Velocity Raptor
01-02-2003, 07:35 PM
What is TC and GT and do you have a web address?

300exazzkikr
01-02-2003, 08:25 PM
Pro Fab ATV does it for around 70 bucks. You'll most likely have trouble starting it when it's cold with the rev limiter removed.

www.profabatv.com

bjt7550
01-03-2003, 07:19 AM
On the reverse mod are you grounding

the white wire from the reverse switch ?
or
the white wire from the main wiring harness ?

TRX_Thumper
01-03-2003, 03:07 PM
having a company eliminate the rev limiter completely is not smart...better yet...buy a honda 350x cdi box off ebay for usually under 30 bucks...and u will notice that there is 2 plug ins to the cdi box...the plug in that has 2 wires needs to be switched around...cut the wires on the wire harness and reverse them and there u have 1,000 more rpms....

killed300ex
01-03-2003, 05:14 PM
i think he grounded them fomr the motor not from the harnsee but what ddi you go with the other 2 wires also do you have any pics im still a lil confused. LOL it happens easy with me
killed

Here is what i think i need to do
1) find those wires
2) Take the ones from the motor and ground the white one. that is coming from the harness(what ddi you do with the dreen wire and the loose end of the white wire)
Im working on my quad tom so if i could get this tonight it would be great thanks

TRX_Thumper
01-03-2003, 05:41 PM
man ur pathetic....good lord....if u buy a 350x CDI BOX THEN YOU SWITCH THE 2 WIRES AROUND THAT PLUG INTO THE CDI THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GROUNDING OUT THE REVERSE REV LIMITER

killed300ex
01-03-2003, 07:21 PM
bump come on i need an answer so i dont scrrew ***** up
killed

killed300ex
01-03-2003, 09:12 PM
onother bumb just for god measure hope to find an answer soon lol
killed

Velocity Raptor
01-03-2003, 09:45 PM
Ok here's the deal on the reverse rev limiter....there are 2 wires that plug in at the bottom right side of the motor , cast into the motor by those wires is a "N" & "R" representing Neutral and Reverse. unplug the one that is by the "R" and ground it and your done!.
Now back to the orignal problem.........Im and idoit!
I found the problem, I kept thinking ...geee it sure sounds like the choke is on, but its seems to be working fine! NOT! The pin at the top of the Main yellow lever had fallen out and the choke lever was (of coarse ) operating nothing. Everything looked fine at a glance but I desided to inspect it a little closer today and there it was!.
DUH!
Hey thanks for all your help anyway.
I was glad to see all the responses.