PDA

View Full Version : Broken right ankle

ccdhowell
05-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Well it's game over for me for a little while boys. I have a broken right ankle.

My foot sliped off the peg on a landing at the race two weeks ago and hit the ground. It wasn't too bad and I didn't think anything about it and finished the race. I thought it was sprained a little. Well in the two weeks since it had gotten extremely sensitive and swollen to about grapefruit size. Tuesday I went to my regular doctor and he couldn't find anything wrong so today I went to an orthapedic surgeon and he found the break. It is on the inside at the bottom of the tibia, he called it a non-displaced fracture and said I wouldn't need surgery. Now I'm in one of those black medical boots for 6 to 8 weeks and will miss the last two races before our summer break. I guess I'll just be fit and ready for when we get going again in September. Sux to think of a 4 month absence from racing, but I've gotta get this thing healed right, imagine how much of a pounding your ankles take in an XC race.

Here's a pic of that stupid medical boot. I hate these things, this is the third time for me wearing one, hard to drive with it on your right foot.
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv342/ccdhowell/DSC01543.jpg

Black R/T
05-11-2009, 08:38 PM
damn, thats rough. id get that front suspension worked over while your in that cool lil boot. might help keep you from havin to get one in the future, lol. well, get better soon!!

ccdhowell
05-12-2009, 05:29 AM
Yeah, thanks man. I already have the new a-arms and shocks at the house, but I'm not gonna put them on when I can't go out and ride it. I'm gonna wait till I'm healed and can test it out when I get them on.

See ya at Maypearl. I'm still gonna make it out to the races so my kids can race.