PDA

View Full Version : Some BS and a question- Header bolts.

brodzowski
05-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Well fellas I'm workin hard to get the wife's machine in order for the holiday weekend and we're making some good progress. I got her Carbon Fiber grey/black plastic ordered this week and we've been doing maintenance and cleaning stuff as well. Noone had a stock seat foam for sale so I'm still eyeballing ebay to try and get one for her duncan seat cover. I'm excited to see what you guys think when she's ready to go. Not going to do the whole "teardown" thing until this winter but I think it's going to look pretty sharp by Memorial day and she should be fine for the summer.

So she was working in the garage with me last night and I was out in the driveway sandblasting her front hubs because that's the last thing that would be red on her bike that we have to cover up. The shocks are red on a yellow ex too :confused: but we got her some black shock covers with hot pink flames. ANYway, as I was doing that she was taking off her exhaust so we could clean the pipe and paint the stock muffler. When she did, she removed 3 of the studs out of the head with the nut still attached to the front of them. Is this common? They were rusted on there really good. No kind of locking compound on them in the head side. Nice clean threads. Should I get new ones? Clean thes up and lock em in? Just wondered if this happens often.

Tommy Warren
05-08-2009, 10:18 AM
this guy has all kinds of 300/400ex and 450r parts he may help you find your seat foam. good luck

http://stores.ebay.com/GDH-RACING_W...fsxQ3asstQQtZkm

brodzowski
05-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Yes, I've bought several things from him already and he had good, clean stuff. If I'm not mistaken though I believe he's one that had a stock foam for 22 dollars and 15 shipping. 15 bucks? Seriously? For foam? I'm not sure I buy that. Maybe I'm wrong but for some reason I'd rather have someone tell me 35 dollars shipped than to pay that. How dumb is that? Sometimes my brain makes me wonder.....:ermm:

bullett
05-08-2009, 10:33 AM
My friend had the same problem as you except he snapped the bolts off, might as well replace them since theyre rusty and you have them out anyways.

droppedmazda
05-08-2009, 10:59 AM
yes the head studs coming out with the header nuts is a very common thing on an ex. just knock the rust off with a wire brush and put them back in. its no a big deal. or if you want to just replace them, they dont cost much.

deathcorefan2
05-08-2009, 11:45 AM
one of my header bolts does that...i think i might replace it, or just knock the rust off..i have to order some things from service honda anyway.