PDA

View Full Version : 05 not sparking?? stopped out of nowhere?

blacknblue#2
05-08-2009, 01:02 AM
One of my best buds has an 05 450R. We were at the track the other day revving it up at eachother just goofing and his just dies out of nowhere. He revved it up, put his goggles on, went to shove it in gear and realized it was dead and wouldnt start. We checked the spark to find out its not sparking.. We have tried almost everything off of a running 05(rectifier, cdi, stator) all except for the coil itself. I am thinkin it could be the actual coil but i just figured i would throw the idea out to you guys just to get some ideas. Would a coil just fail like that while its settin there runnin? thanks, Bill

450R_lover
05-08-2009, 06:40 AM
you might try the pickup too....

4ABURN
05-08-2009, 07:18 AM
YEP try the coil and pick up they both can fail !!!!!!

duke416ex
05-08-2009, 08:16 AM
I am having the same trouble with one. From what the one I am dealing with tests to be it is the pickup but the only way I find it is buying the whole stator.

zyoung04
05-12-2009, 12:37 AM
if u remember that day on the way to the track i x'd that black cat on 136 that ran across the road well ryan gave it thumbs up and everyone around him had something bad go wrong that day but me well the other day i seen a dead black cat on the side of the road and went to ryans him and walshman tried to start it and it fired up.........this all happened on the same dayi seen the dead black cat

blacknblue#2
05-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by zyoung04
if u remember that day on the way to the track i x'd that black cat on 136 that ran across the road well ryan gave it thumbs up and everyone around him had something bad go wrong that day but me well the other day i seen a dead black cat on the side of the road and went to ryans him and walshman tried to start it and it fired up.........this all happened on the same dayi seen the dead black cat

Hey even though ryan gave that cat a thumbs up i still had a good day. Mine come home actually running. It was missing but it was runnin. First time in a long time.................oh yeah, be ready for THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!