PDA

View Full Version : lt80 , anybody with knowledge- racer dads

SRH
05-08-2009, 12:07 AM
alright, i need to know how you bypass the stock emergency break setup that only allows the machine to start with the brake on....i am installing floorboards and i have no use of my legs and use this to get around at my shop and at races , ive already removed the brake pedal and stuff, i figured more than likely it was a 2 wire tie together type deal, can anyone tell me for sure??

also where the hell is the drain and filler for the transmission??

also this sat for awhile when i got it, i bled the oil injection , i then removed the pump from the clutch cover and took my cordless drill and spun the pump to make sure it was pumping oil , it only pulsed every so many rotations, granted the drill wasnt hi speed, does this sound about right?? i did one a few years ago but i cant recall if this is how it was it has a fresh motor and i dont want this to be an issue of course

next question to remove the stock style petcock and go to a regular one...id just run the main gas line down and put it on then for the vaccum area on the carb where it draws in to the throat of the carb i could just leave the line on the carb and plug it correct?

when i bought it the crankcase was full of gas like the petcock hadnt shut off and the float wasnt working properlly and it filled it up, i dont want this to be an issue, if by chance i need to use the stock petcock can soemone explain how exactly this petcock is designed to work

LT80
05-08-2009, 07:24 AM
I'll give it a try. :)

Brakes:: yes, tie the wires together.
gearbox: bolt on top fills, bolt on bottom drains. Bolt by sprocket is the weep hole to let you know when it's full.
If you do not want the oil inj to be an issue, eliminate it and run pre-mix.
Yes, plug the vac line at the carb.
Crankcase full:: this seems to happen. We'll debate for years as to why..Simple fix, get a on/off valve at the Auto Zone in the lawn mower section.
Hope that helps. :)

SRH
05-08-2009, 02:38 PM
yes, thanks!