PDA

View Full Version : 661 vs. Thor

Fear250r
05-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Hey guys, looking for a new helmet since mine apparently disappeared in my buddies garage! Anyway, I've been looking at the sixsixone flight models and the Thor force carbon. Just wondering if anyone is using either. How is the fit, finish, quality and weight? Any info would be great. Thanks

KXRida
05-08-2009, 05:32 AM
I've used both. I believe the new 661's are of slightly lower quality now. I had one of the carbon kevlar ones. Worked pretty well. It saved me from a pretty bad crash. I'll post up pics when I get home. The fit was pretty nice. It had little cut out things for your ears which I really like. It's a comfortable helmet.

I'm now running a force II. I did have a forcer monster replica and the thing literally fell apart on the inside so the PU rep refunded it for me and I paid the $20 and got a force II. First impression of the force II, comfortable. It has a microfleece kinda feeling liner that wicks away all of the sweat. Also has some anit microbial thing in it so it doesn't stink all the time. Right now the only problem I'm having with it is the finish on it. When it gets hit with a rock or something, it takes it down the a gray undercoat which looks crappy when you have like 10 of them on it. My other thor did that as well, but oh well what can ya do.

dehner47
05-08-2009, 08:56 AM
go with the 661. i've owned alot of top end helmets and my 661 helmet is the most comfortable helmet i've owned yet. great comfort, great style, and a great price.

i even own a custom painted shoei helmet(cost me over 2 grand) and i wear my 661 helmet more then i wear that one. thats how much i like it :D

Scro
05-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by dehner47
go with the 661. i've owned alot of top end helmets and my 661 helmet is the most comfortable helmet i've owned yet. great comfort, great style, and a great price.

i even own a custom painted shoei helmet(cost me over 2 grand) and i wear my 661 helmet more then i wear that one. thats how much i like it :D

Hell I wouldn't wear a $2,000 helmet if I had it either! On the other hand, I don't think I would ever put that much money into a helmet:huh :p

XCRacer236
05-08-2009, 03:05 PM
i wouldn't wear either. i'd go with a KBC or Scorpion. both companies make their own stuff, and are TOP NOTCH!

Wills77
05-08-2009, 03:24 PM
i just got this tld helmet on tuesday... so far i love it

KXRida
05-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by CaseDawg350
i wouldn't wear either. i'd go with a KBC or Scorpion. both companies make their own stuff, and are TOP NOTCH!

If I remember correctly doesn't KBC manufactur most of the helmets on the market today?

Are you sponsored by sixsixone? Wouldn't you want to push their products?

The TLD helmets are nice. I used to have a TLD intrepid and loved it. Awesome helmets.

XCRacer236
05-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
If I remember correctly doesn't KBC manufactur most of the helmets on the market today?

Are you sponsored by sixsixone? Wouldn't you want to push their products?

The TLD helmets are nice. I used to have a TLD intrepid and loved it. Awesome helmets.

you are Correct about the KBC's. yeah, i just like sixsixone's chest protectors.

KXRida
05-09-2009, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by CaseDawg350
you are Correct about the KBC's. yeah, i just like sixsixone's chest protectors.

yah I've never worn their CP's, but I liked their helmets. As of now I'm pretty happy with my force II. Motoworld has the original force's on close out for like $110. I think I might pick one up.

dehner47
05-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Scro
Hell I wouldn't wear a $2,000 helmet if I had it either! On the other hand, I don't think I would ever put that much money into a helmet:huh :p

i use to only wear it at the nationals. you totally correct. 2 grand is crazy for a helmet. but i've wanted a true custom painted shoei since i was little. so when i ended up in a wheel chair (for over a year. ok now) my parents got it for me as a cheer up present. it deff worked. cause it still makes me happy everytime i see it. its my pride and joy :D

dehner47
05-11-2009, 07:40 AM
willis77 that TLD helmet is badass. i love it. is that the new mcgrath signiture series helmet??

Fear250r
05-14-2009, 05:06 AM
Anybody use the One Industries? Any good?

Wills77
05-14-2009, 06:37 AM
willis77 that TLD helmet is badass. i love it. is that the new mcgrath signiture series helmet??

thanks... no, its a 09 se2 i think haha

ZBlaster
05-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Fear250r
Anybody use the One Industries? Any good?

I love my One Industries Trooper, very light, extremely comfortable, and built very well.

ATV Chic
05-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by ZBlaster
I love my One Industries Trooper, very light, extremely comfortable, and built very well.

x2

KXRida
05-15-2009, 07:15 AM

those new helmets are sweet! I want one of them.