PDA

View Full Version : clutch spring tool

riding4fun
05-07-2009, 08:55 PM
OK, so I decided to change back to my malossi Delta clutch. I am trying to install the black malossi springs. All I can say is wow, how the heck do I stretch this thing far enough. I didnt have any problems putting the koso 2000 springs in it, but this is another ballgame.

Is there a tool to buy to make this easier or does somebody have a cheater way to do it.

Thanks,
Darrell

05-07-2009, 09:13 PM
look @ this website www.ztrproducts.com his contact is James@ZTRProducts.com He builds a nice tool for just that reason. Hope this help ya.

raidernut
05-07-2009, 09:33 PM
i think he is refering to the three small springs. James tool wont help with that. You can try to remove the shoes, put the springs on and manipulate the shoes back on. ive done it that way before. Let me know if you want to try the stage 6 clutch, ive been having great luck with them, and you dont have to fight the springs.

riding4fun
05-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Yes Mark you are correct.

I might take you up on that. I cant seem to get full belt travel to save my life.

I was actually going to get one later this month after I seen it's adjustability.

dwhst9
05-08-2009, 07:02 AM
I can swap those 3 springs in about 30 seconds :) I use an awl.

bignasty
05-08-2009, 09:06 AM
isn't the stage 6 like the koso ajustable? You can back off the three adjustment nuts to replace the springs on a koso. Should be the same on a stage six.:) :) :)

WOLFPACK
05-09-2009, 04:34 PM
What I use is a Pro Circuit exhaust spring puller. I lightly clamp the clutch in my vise and go to town.

Shane

redonkulousruntsracing
05-11-2009, 08:04 AM
I second Wolfpack. I use my exhaust spring tool that I have for my snowmobile ( you southeners wouldn't know what I'm talking about, lol) and it works great. You can just take a cut off wheel and put a groove in the side if a flat blade screwdriver at an angle to make your own.

aaamx
05-12-2009, 08:20 PM
I use a broken throttle cable wire and loop it and pull. o yea the clutch is in a vise