PDA

View Full Version : swingarm bearings

matt14c
05-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Pappy wondering if you could help me out. Wanting to send out my swinger next week and I cannot get the pivot bearings out of my stock swinger for a 400ex. Any suggestions. tried searching the how to's, the 400ex forum, and the suspension forum and no luck.

Pappy
05-07-2009, 08:12 PM
To do it right you need a press. If your replacing them, a socket, long extension and a BFH will work.

We can remove them if needed

matt14c
05-07-2009, 08:15 PM
ok thanks. I will fiddle with it a little more. Im just worried im gonna score the race of the swingarms itself. I will update ya when I send it.

Pappy
05-07-2009, 08:17 PM
No biggy, happy to remove them for ya

matt14c
05-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Do you have any finished build pics with a redvein frame? Im set on my frame color but not sure on the swinger, upper arms, and exhaust can color.

Pappy
05-07-2009, 08:29 PM
I know there are some in the completed builds thread...but none on my computer (crashed and I havent retrieved the pics off the HD drive yet:p )

matt14c
05-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Alright thanks for everything. Should be hearing from me really soon! Hopefully :)

matt14c
05-13-2009, 11:57 AM
For a muffler can you just want the can and tip empty and no connection?

Pappy
05-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Yep just the hollow silencer and the end cap

matt14c
05-15-2009, 09:07 AM
OK Pappy parts will be shipped on Monday but im stuck on what I want my secondary color to be. Do you have any pics of like a metallic silver or Gunmetal Gray along those lines? This is what I have so far but im not sold on the black not sure how it would look on with the red vein. What do you think?

PC 'd Parts Color
Frame/Sub Frame Red Vein
A-Arm Uppers Satin Black
A-Arm Lowers Red Vein
Swingarm Red Vein
Exhaust Can Satin Black
Tie Rods Satin Black
Motor Mounts Red Vein

Another question. When I ship Monday you need a new thread from this one?

Pappy
05-15-2009, 09:32 AM
IMO it really comes down to the color of teh fenders and any graphics you will add. Contrast is what makes thing pop. White/red black/white etc. Redvien is a tad darker then candy red, so a brighter color will work best if your running a darker fender color.

This all changes if your running say white or yellow fenders. Then the darker colors will contrast and it will flow.

Your combo sounds good ...just tell me what colors will be used for fenders etc and I can offer a suggestion, but in the end, its your ride and you need to be calling the shots

There should be a few shots in the color thread of the gun metal

This thread is fine, no need for a new one

matt14c
05-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Couldnt find the gunmetal in the color section. The completed builds dont really have colors listed so not sure what im looking at. I will be running my red fenders (oem) until i get some extra mula then im thinking either silver or the black carbon fiber Maier. Not really into graphic kits. I would just use manufacture stickers and such with new fenders.

Pappy
05-15-2009, 09:40 AM
If silver fenders are the goal. your chosen scheme will look sweet

matt14c
05-16-2009, 09:22 PM
I cant find a thread for it but dont you usually just tell people to shrink wrap the frame with subframe in it to ship? The a-arms and other small parts will be boxed but right now I have the sub frame and swingarm inside the frame. Just wanted to make sure how you do it?

Pappy
05-17-2009, 01:35 AM
Yep...just add a zip tie or two to hold the sub secure to the main frame

matt14c
05-18-2009, 06:06 PM
Two packages are on there way. One said Wednesday and didnt catch the date on the other. Frame is getting a gusset kit along with the pc. Also there is a small fracture above the front right top shock mount. Let me know if this is a problem. I couldnt get the needle bearings out of the swingarm, muffler off the end pipe and bushings out of the a-arms. I have the bushings on the way but do they as well as the needle bearings need to be pressed in? If so would you be able to take care of that? Here are the parts with the colors.

Frame/Sub Frame: Red Vein
Upper A-Arms: Satin Black
Lower A-Arms: Red Vein
Swingarm: Red Vein
Exhaust Can: Satin Black
Tie Rods: Satin Black
Chain Guard: Red Vein
Battery Holder: Red Vein
Motor Mounts: Red Vein

May have an Oil tank on the way havent decided yet???

Each package has a sheet of paper with just about everything I just told you plus return addy and a phone number. Just let me know when you need some money or if there are any problems. Im on here almost too much so you can contact here or by phone. Thanks alot! :macho

Pappy
05-18-2009, 06:53 PM
10-4

Pappy
05-21-2009, 12:00 PM
I believe your frame has arrived(frame,sub, swinger) Is the black paint or pc? I havent unpackaged it yet, just trying to buil in my head where i need to run to haha

Also..what gusset kit are you wanting me to use?

matt14c
05-21-2009, 02:48 PM
black paint rattle can. I sand blasted it bare then 2 coats primer and 2 coats paint and 1 clear. Not sure I had asked you in a different thread about it in the axle fade thread by me. It was $75 for the gusset kit and $50 for the install I believe you told me. But what is the difference between the lsr and the bare gusset kit. Put in whatever one is better. Put the one in that you would put into your quad.

Pappy
05-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Aight 10-4

The pricing sounds like its for teh Bare Kit. If I dont have one here I will order one in

matt14c
05-28-2009, 10:13 AM
Have you colored anything yet? Reason I ask is im thinking of sending a couple more parts. So if not I will be sending an oil tank and maybe bumper.

Pappy
05-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Naaa, frame and sub arent back from stripping, other box arrived but has only had bushings/sleeves removed and will head off to be stripped etc.

matt14c
05-28-2009, 10:34 AM
OK well I asked colby to send ya a bumper to be coated then as well. Also I will be sending an oil tank whenever it arrives. Both will be the satin black. I will let ya know when they are on there way and remind ya of the colors. Thanks

matt14c
05-28-2009, 08:20 PM
I was just reading your how-to on the trx90-125 motor swap and was wondering how or what do you have to do to put disc rear brakes on the 90? Can you put discs on the front?

Pappy
05-28-2009, 08:28 PM
You can if you switch to a dual arm suspension

The rear will need a different swingarm etc

matt14c
05-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Oil tank shipped today usps so you should see it mid next week I would think. That will be satin black. Talked to colby he said he would ship out the bumper to you. Not sure if he already has it or not so dont have a time frame for you on that. When you do get that it too will be satin black. Thanks

Also do the swngarm pivot bearings need to be pressed in? If so would you be able to do so? I dont believe I have the means to do so. I could send you the bearings im just trying to figure what to go with the pivot works or the oem kind.

Just let me know when you need some money.

Thanks....

matt14c
06-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Sorry to bother you again but im getting ready to place an order for some parts and wondering if I need to order the swingarm pivot bearings.

Pappy
06-01-2009, 07:54 PM
I dont believe so, Kevin didnt tell me that yours were bad when he removed them. I will check with him tomorrow and reply back if you need to order them...if i dont, assume they are good and can be reinstalled

Pappy
06-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Got the shiney new oil tank in:D

Frame is back from stripping.

Almost ready to start addin some color!

matt14c
06-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the update keep up the good work!

matt14c
06-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Another question sorry! I bought some brake line clamps there 3/4". They look really small would be happen to tell by looking at my arms if they will fit. I will be putting them on the top arm. Sorry for the hassle I just want to know so if not then I can send these back and get the right size. thanks alot

Pappy
06-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Your lowers are 1 inch

matt14c
06-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Your the greatest! :macho

Pappy
06-03-2009, 09:44 PM
well i measured the lower arm:p

does your clamps have the rubber bushing?

matt14c
06-03-2009, 10:04 PM
No but I was thinking of putting something in there to protect the pretty powder!

matt14c
06-10-2009, 07:08 PM
I might be sending you a 250R frame and sub. Im going to look at one tomorrow. He said it was already sandblasted so what would I be looking at for Candy Red coat and return ship?

Pappy
06-10-2009, 07:12 PM
If it doesnt need to be reblasted, $150

Im almost done prepping the last parts that arrived and should have you all done early next week.

matt14c
06-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Did you get that bumper from C&D? Just let me know when you need money. can do paypal or cc or money order how ever you when it and whenever. I will let you know about the frame when you send back the other I guess. It is already apart and stripped but I guess I will have parts scattered for one bike at a time. If I get it.

Pappy
06-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Yes sir, bumper has arrived

LOL..I know how having one project going and another all over the place:p

Just let me know, I'll work with ya

matt14c
06-11-2009, 05:31 PM
What color combos go good with that copper sparkle. I ended up buying that 250r and it had red fenders. Im really stuck on the combo I want to run. Your color section makes me want to buy like 10 quads and do them all different colors! I really like that copper sparkle but not sure about it with the red. The ones I do think will look good with it is obviously the white. Sparkle red or a candy red, maybe a candy blue. I open to pretty much any red maybe even a step brother to my 400 and make them match dont want black as my main. He has a blue and a red seat cover two seperate so I have some adjustability there. The already sandblasted was kinda of a joke its not blasted enough for my standards for rattle can so its going to need the full work. Thinking of sending it early next week. along with rear grab bar, swingarm, maybe some motor mounts and small things, possibly a-arms. Any ideas for me? Be creative!

Pappy
06-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Personally, the cleanest look is red on red with black small parts. I would have suggested gloss black but that will mimick the one your doing now sort of. I dont think CS will look good with red....and blue is so over done:p

matt14c
06-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Have you ever done an r/c chassis? I spent hours sanding and painting it last year and have only a couple tanks through it and it looks like crap already. So I was wondering about maybe some PC for some durability.

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp84/matt14c/rc10gt001.jpg

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp84/matt14c/rc10gt002.jpg

Pappy
06-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Yep, ive done a few of them

Got your arms back from stripping...so as soon as i shoot these 3 white frames, i will be moving on to yours

matt14c
06-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Cool deal. I may send you the r/c chassis with my r stuff. Shoot them the same color as the r chassis to make it easy. Just let me know when you need money.

matt14c
06-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Have you ever received anything from Burgard in red? Reason I ask is im getting arms from them and they are coming in Red. Well im going to be having the swingarm and little parts match them arms then frame white. I will have to see what kind of red exactly there sending I was just wondering if you had ever gotten anything from them. I asked if they had a candy color and he just said they have red red.

Pappy
06-18-2009, 07:16 PM
If its a solid red, matching wont be an issue, wont be an issue if they are candy red.....just have to let me know what it is when you get them I reckon

I gusseted teh frame today. What exactly happened to the elft rear frame main tube? Looks someone did some serious cuttinga nd welding back there

matt14c
06-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Hmmm I have no idea? I bought the frame new and I never did anything to it. The rat ******* that stole it has given me all kinds of surprises in the motor though so might have been something he did. But it was still painted black so..???? Is it going to be an issue? Does it mess with the structural integrity or strength?

Pappy
06-18-2009, 07:35 PM
My honest opinion is to not use it. Its been welded on and cut on so bad that its paper thin. I never noticed until I went to spin it on the welding table and saw it (its bare now, no black paint)

It could be fine, it could break first ride....

matt14c
06-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Well what about the gussets?

Pappy
06-18-2009, 07:45 PM
I dont think adding more back there will help:p

matt14c
06-18-2009, 07:57 PM
OK well than stop what your doing with it and I will try to get one to you! Hopefully I can find one that they will ship directly to you to save me some money on the shipping. Umm as for the other one run it over! Thats my fourth 400 frame I should be given a prize! I guess the project R will be put on the back burner! Thanks for the heads up though. Alot of people would have continued going forward in hopes that I would have been sending you another frame a couple months from now! Thanks. Ill be sure to write my buddy in prison and thank him for the new frame!!! :devil:

Pappy
06-18-2009, 07:59 PM
No worries. I will take care of the gusset kit.....I should have caught it before I started on the front end. I kind of thought..."man...why in the hell would he send this in here to get gusseted and coated for"....but then you haven't seen some of the stuff people send or bring in here:p

Ill keep it here for parts....and I just sold a 400 frame:p Infact, let me make a call tomorrow for you, I might have a line on a few of them (Elite Performance) is close and about to become a site sponsor.....

matt14c
06-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Well if that works that would be great just let me know on price or anything. Is everything with the subframe good? While that frame is scrap would you be able to cut off the bracket for the coil and mount on rear for a mount for number plate? You dont have to eat the gussets it was my frame I should have caught it too. Hell I took a motor out of right there and disconnected everything so not sure how I missed it either!

Pappy
06-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Subframe looks fine

Yeah i can do the coil thing if youd like

Pappy
06-19-2009, 07:38 AM
I have a call into them, hopefully be hearing from him shortly as I need some small parts today as well. I know he also had several sets of 450R front shocks on hand...I know you were looking

http://store.eliteatv.com/framebodyguards-4.aspx

matt14c
06-19-2009, 09:10 AM
OK just let me know what hes asking for everything. Umm the prices on seen on there site were a little steep for the shocks. I might just be going to put some elka rec series or some HLS on it. It will end up being alot cheaper after the conversions and orignal price of shock. The shocks are for my 250 so it wont see much track time. Mainly just screwing around.

matt14c
06-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Could you let me know when that frame arrives? I thought I seen someplace that you were on vacation or something and werent sure when you would be home. If thats the case enjoy and ignore this until your home!

matt14c
06-30-2009, 02:18 PM
A set of front main springs are on there way should be there end of the week. USPS. If you are coating anything red shoot them with that other wise shoot them with the black with the rest of my stuff. Not picky just dont want the color that they are!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 03:16 PM
I can do them red if thats what you like...no worries

Havent seen the frame yet, just keepin ya upated

matt14c
06-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Well he said he was sending it out last Wednesday so depending on what time he sent it that day its been about 4 buisness days for fed ex or ups so if its not there by Thursday then Ill start asking questions!

matt14c
07-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Frame show up? I sent him a message asking for tracking or delivery confirmation number and havent heard anything.

Pappy
07-02-2009, 05:02 PM
yep its here

i havent looked at it close but seems ok

matt14c
07-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Roger that. Thanks alot!

Pappy
07-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Ok, yours is on the bench. I assume you dont want to use this hack job of a front battery mount:p I know you didnt do this and its all but useless. Thankfully, it doesnt appear they did anything permanent and its just a few (one) bolt to remove this diamond plate box, cut a few zip ties and un-tie the string they used as a battery holder:eek2:

I only saw 1 crack and its in a mount that is pretty common, if i find anything else I will report it, but it looks like a solid frame.

matt14c
07-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Copy that. Right no afro engineered battery mount on the front! He said it was just bolted on and wouldnt be hard to remove and pretend it was never there so glad thats the case. I will be using all my battery stuff on my subframe. Not sure what he all sent he mentioned a battery and wiring but not sure how he hacked it all up to use it up front. Also if he sent his subframe he said he grinded off all the battery stuff on it so as far as im concerned it can go with my old frame! Thanks for the update. :macho

Pappy
07-06-2009, 10:57 AM
I havent seen a subframe just FYI

Pappy
07-06-2009, 11:30 AM
all gusseted

fixed one crack in upper mount

welded crack under left footpeg

gusseted

looks to be a solid frame, nothing seen thats out of the ordinary etc

grabbing my rifle and taking it to stripping.....might get a few ground hogs on the way there:p

Pappy
07-09-2009, 03:51 PM
All redvein parts are now in the oven

matt14c
07-12-2009, 05:15 PM
10-4 on the ex parts.

Question: I was looking at the prices section getting ideas and ready to send out the R stuff when the EX is finished up and was wondering as to why the spindles get molycoated as oppose to PC? Heat from brakes?

Pappy
07-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Most folks use a hammer to get their ball joints to free from the spindle...pc doesnt enjoy being whacked with a hammer:p Moly takes the abuse a bit better

matt14c
07-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Ahh. Makes sense! Your quick responses amaze me. Almost like you have a beeper or pager that goes off whenever anything is posted in your forum! :macho

Pappy
07-12-2009, 05:48 PM
It was pure luck:p

Pappy
07-14-2009, 07:34 PM
i wil be finishing up your black parts tomorrow and hopefully shipping out on thursday morning.

matt14c
07-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Copy that let me know how much money you need. Im waiting for a check from a job to clear because I have never dealt with this person before and soon as it does which would be Friday at the latest I will get payment right out.

Edit: Depending on how much the boss lets me in the garage my plan is to send the 250R stuff out at the latest on Tuesday. The previous owner put some supports on it to help some areas but I was wondering about a gusset kit. Problem is with his supports if you use pre-cut gussets may be a pain in the arse so when you get it if you could give it a look over to see what you think. There is only one area that will need to be repaired and its a small crack in the weld where the link attaches to frame in the rear.

Pappy
07-14-2009, 07:53 PM
No problem. I will check it out etc. The ol' R frame usually doesnt need much if anything.

Pappy
07-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Also...the main springs....the note states red...any particulair red?

matt14c
07-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Not really just didnt want blue! Maybe a darker shade of red so it doesnt offset the redvein/black too much. Like something between red and maroon or something.

Pappy
07-15-2009, 02:25 PM
LOL..well I can do them redvien if you'd like. Not sure any other red will blend in. What are the other springs colors?

matt14c
07-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Both are black on the front. The rear, the main is like a deep red and black.

Pappy
07-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Give it some thought....

matt14c
07-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Red vein is good. Thanks

matt14c
07-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Were you able to ship last week? I seen that you have been pretty busy with the photography so no biggie if not just wondering if your ready for payment. Thanks

Pappy
07-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Nada, I don't ship until its paid etc, but I know you werent on any time deal so I figured it would work out when it works out:p I will get a total together for you

matt14c
07-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Yup no problem just let me know of a total and payment will be sent.

matt14c
07-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Are you ready for some money from me? I would like to get this one squared away before sending the other.

Pappy
07-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Yep, I will get everything sorted as its packaged and get you a total. I usually cut a break when so much as sent so it wont be as much as if you priced it out individually from the pricing page:p

matt14c
07-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Cool the 250r stuff is packed wrapped and ready to fly. If you were to receive it next week which you should would it be crazy to ask for it back by the end of August?

Pappy
07-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Should be alot sooner then that.

You and a few other jobs just caught me by surprise and I had pre planned to be out at the races so it jammed me up

matt14c
07-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Aight cool. Thanks alot. It seemed like every day I had something else to send to you and then the frame problem so no problems or worries here. Cant wait to see it and get it back together. Im pretty pumped.

matt14c
07-24-2009, 08:45 PM
I've been doin some research and getting ready to fire up my ole trx90 again and was wondering if I could ask ya a couple questions? It seemed that with your boys bikes that you have built a couple! :D

Pappy
07-24-2009, 08:51 PM
I will help all I can, but I am no expert:p

matt14c
07-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Well im in the process of getting a Big Gun exhaust for it and was wondering if dynojet or someone makes a jet kit or something for it. From what I read it doesnt have an adjustable needle. Is there a mod or something I can do for this to put in an adjustable needle?

The tie rod ends suck! Does another quad fit these or is there an aftermarket company that makes tie rods that you can then run like 300ex or 250ex ends on them?

Im wanting to put some aftermarket bars on to raise them up a bit. I have a set of X-5's fourtrax bend just sitting here. Well what kind of levers do I need to get to replace the welded ones on the stock bars?

Also the pink wire mod that I seen a hundred times is that just for the new ones? I have a 94. Is it the same on there?

Thanks.

Pappy
07-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Every carb ive worked with on the 90 has an adjustable needle. Most folks use a carb off of an xr100 I believe

the tie rod ends have play, just run it. Even new ones have play after 1 ride

We used levers from pit bikes and made cables but if you keep the drum brakes you will have to find someone who knows what cables they ended up using.....I know its been done

The pink wire I believe is for all years

matt14c
07-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Money sent paypal and PM sent back to ya. Thanks.

matt14c
07-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Could I get a tracking number or if they tell you a day it should arrive so I know what day to stick around to watch for it.

Pappy
07-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Here are a couple #'s...fed ex btw. I have to get frame boxes in, ran out while I was away and didnt know it, but they should be here tomorrow or wednesday so you still should see everything by the weekend

matt14c
07-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Thank you sir!

matt14c
07-28-2009, 12:43 PM
250R Frame and Parts are on there way.

Frame: Gloss White
Swingarm: Red
Motor Mounts: Red
Spindles: Red
Tie Rod Mount: Gloss White
Bumper: Mounts Gloss White / Front Red Let me know if you have questions on this or even if you could do like a fade. Start with red in the front or face then move it white towards where it bolts to the frame.

Again I couldnt get the the pivot bearings out. There is a new kit in the box for these if you could please put the new in before shipping back.

Frame seems to be ok except where the link bolts to the frame on the bottom one of the welds seems to be starting to crack. Other than that it appears ok as far as what I know about these frames.

The red is just whatever you think matches Burgards red because that is what my arms and stem are. Its not too shiny and its definitly not a candy or anything. Any other questions let me know. Thanks again!

Pappy
07-28-2009, 01:23 PM
10-4

matt14c
07-29-2009, 08:25 PM
I did a search and seen that a couple years ago you were fiddeling with some new coating process for head pipes. Still doing this? Just got a used big gun for my 90 and the coating is coming off everywhere and the closet place to do ceramic coating is almost 2 hours away and want $135 for atv pipes :eek:

Just checking my other options before I get some heat paint from auto zone

Pappy
07-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Id blast it and coat it with BBQ grill paint!

matt14c
07-30-2009, 09:50 AM
I got two boxes today and stuff looks awesome. Im really happy with the way the two colors look together.
Would you happen to have a tracking number for the frame and the rest?

Pappy
07-30-2009, 09:52 AM
Boxes came this morning so I can box teh frame, sub and the remainder of the parts.

I think i got a box in from you as well:p

matt14c
07-30-2009, 09:57 AM
Aight cool! Thanks alot. I believe I listed a color for everything sent. This project should be alot more straight forward :p

matt14c
08-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Were you able to get my frame and other parts out last week?

Pappy
08-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Yep they are on their way! You will probably see them tomorrow seeing they didnt arrive friday

matt14c
08-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Parts arrived today everything looks great! I will be sure to get you some pics when put together. Thanks again.

matt14c
08-04-2009, 04:23 PM
I was wondering if you tried to take my midpipe off of my silencer? I could get it off and now seems like its stuck pretty good just wondering if that was a problem. Im pretty sure its suppose to just slide out once the rivets are out.:confused:

Pappy
08-04-2009, 05:09 PM
No its just the pc holding it. Give it a jerk or a slight wiggle it should come out. also make sure no rivit pieces are still in there. I know I was thankful a few was holding it snug, I hate having to tape them off and fight getting them back together! If you see them, just drill them out (the stem of the rivit)

Pappy
08-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Matt, your R frame and swinger are back from stripping and I will get on them early next week. Still waiting on the bumper but it can be shipped seperatley

matt14c
08-14-2009, 09:45 AM
No rush. Still finishing up the 400 and I currently only have one stand anyway! Plus I have the 90 in a hundred pieces right now also. Thanks for the update.

How did the swinger come out from stripping? I know it was pretty rough looking going in wasnt too sure how it would end up.

Pappy
08-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Honestly i havent looked at it closely, but i imagine it will shine like a new penny when i am done:p

matt14c
08-21-2009, 02:00 PM
You wouldnt by any chance have any old trx90 stuff lying around would you? My bearing carrier and break hub/cover is wasted.

matt14c
08-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Were you able to ship that 90 rear end? Im trying to finish that up before the R stuff gets here.

Weather is kinda crappy but if it clears I'll take some pics of the 400ex and send you some finished pics. Looks far better than I had ever imagined in my head. My camera doesnt do it any justice from the build pics I took. But it might qualify for a finished project photo for your album. Thanks alot!

Pappy
08-26-2009, 02:50 PM
No I sure havent. I have to take the axle out and have to get my big adjustable wrench from my brother:p It is just to big with the axle installed to ship, but it should only be a day ro so but i will hurry for ya

Cant wait to see the 400!

matt14c
08-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Got the 250r parts today. Look good. Thanks for the bearing install. Was there collars with that pivot works kit?

Pappy
08-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Everything in the kit was installed, the outer collars were ziptied on with the sleeves.

matt14c
09-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Got the 90 rear end today. It slipped in perfectly. Thanks

Pappy
09-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Cool beans!!

I have some like new stock shocks if you want them...no charge:p

matt14c
09-02-2009, 09:26 PM
hahaha I was just on service honda looking for bushings for mine!

matt14c
09-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Told you they werent your quality but bike looks good! Still have little adjustments like toe-in and im trying to figure out a way to strap my nets around the frame. Was thinking rivets but didnt work out so well!

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp84/matt14c/Finished%20400/400RightSideFinishedShade.jpg
http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp84/matt14c/Finished%20400/400LeftSideOilTank.jpg
http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp84/matt14c/Finished%20400/400LeftSideFinished.jpg

Pappy
09-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Lookin good

Most folks just zip tie the net back to itself, and I use black tape

matt14c
09-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks Pappy!
As I was putting together I was already thinking of some other things to have coated so maybe this winter. Link, large spacers for motor mounts and possibly side covers. Have also heard that the burgard nerfs shed paint or pc whatever they use pretty easily and pretty bad so may see those also.

I thought of cable ties but it just looked kinda cheap and thats not what I was going for by looking at the rest of it so im sure I will think of something. My best idea so far is a carriage bolt really really short one then paint them black so it look like a button. The ole lady also suggested those little pins for honda fenders but I dont think they spread enough to hold.

matt14c
09-02-2009, 10:42 PM
You know black tape might be a good idea. I have some wax black hockey tape that will work wonders I bet. Wont see it and it should handle the water/mud pretty well. thanks

If you send the 90 shocks to get them out of your shop I would use them. But only if your thinking about it. Dont really need them.

matt14c
09-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Quick question for ya should be pretty easy. On the stock trx90 carb is the idle the screw with the spring on it right next to the a/f mixture screw? I cannot get this thing to idle to save my life. Starts right up runs great just no idle.

Pappy
09-03-2009, 08:44 PM
yep

Pappy
09-09-2009, 03:20 PM
R frame is heating up now. I checked it over for cracks (in the area you thought as well) but found none. Looks like the wled was a bit deeper on that side but I see no crack

Primer coat then color tonight

Pappy
09-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Out of the oven and looking good.

matt14c
09-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the update! Garage is looking clean with near everything getting together I guess its about time to get it all clustered again!

Pappy
09-09-2009, 08:56 PM
haha no doubt. I would imagine we will get it packaged up tomorrow and you will be seeing it shortly!

I am still waiting on the bumper, but it should be ready for me tomorrow if I can get by there on my way out

matt14c
09-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Well no rush you can hold off shipping until the bumper is ready then send together. I need to pull the 400 back apart to adjust my caster/camber and to try and figure out why when I let off the gas it sounds like im driving through a firing range. :confused:

Pappy
09-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Lean condition on decel

Its no biggy, the frame will roll out then the bumper so I know its on its way etc:p

I still have to figure out what your vision is on this bumper...and try it:D

matt14c
09-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Vision, well kinda a fade. But i know the bumper is so short not much room for a fade. Mainly wanted a red face of the bumper and almost make it look like the bumper rails are part of the frame being white. Thats my vision but done sweat over it too much by the looks of your other work im not worried about it.

Pappy
09-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Aight.....next week when I get back, I will drink afew stiff drinks ...clean some air filters and I am sure it will come out juuusssstttt fine:devil:

matt14c
09-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Got the frame today looks great. I think it should look pretty good when assembled. Kinda an overdone combination especially on 450's but still should like nice. Thanks again.

Pappy
09-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Hey glad to see it arrived!

Good looks is never over done, if it were we would all date ugly girls:D

matt14c
09-16-2009, 09:12 PM
Hey Pappy I think im going to be sending you a grab bar tomorrow. I would paint it but that is a high wear area so I think I should have it PC'd.

Also stupid question figured I would ask you before I get drilled in another forum. But how hard is it to learn how to weld? I have some brackets and little things that I need repaired around the house but was never taught. I have been thinking of getting a little welder from like tractor supply or something to try and self teach myself. Hard to learn or pickup? Im far from stupid and pretty handy with my hands. Can do anything with wood but never was taught anything with metal. Suggestions?

Pappy
09-16-2009, 09:17 PM
No problem on the grab bar

Welding in itself isnt hard with a MIG. It really isnt that hard to learn how to weld and if you have someone who can atleast show you the basics, you can pick up on it pretty quick.

There is probably even videos on youtube that show it and I know there is online places that can teach you the basics.