PDA

View Full Version : Greasing the quad questions

bpjr07
05-07-2009, 06:46 PM
so yesterday i washed and greased the quad i used synthetic grease with my grease gun on all 8 front A arm bushings and on the steering bar..

the question is what about the rearend is it ok to use the synthetic grease does it even take grease lol sorry imma newb

and is there any other greaseable places i missed?

mity4
05-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Good? I'll also be waiting for answers.

Outlaw6;=-
05-08-2009, 02:12 AM
Depending on what year ur outlaw is, you might have a grease nipple on ur upper rear hub. Bottom rear A-arm has a grease nipple. And ur rear sway bar has a grease nipple,where the sway bar bolts to the frame.

Chris525
05-08-2009, 03:34 AM
I take off the rear arms and grease the bushings that dont have a zert. And I take the shocks off and grease them as well

bpjr07
05-09-2009, 05:15 PM
its a 08 525s so i can grease the rearend with syntetic grease also?

can i damage anything by overgreasing?

ZsPred
05-09-2009, 10:09 PM
There is a slight chance, like the manufactures say, that the 2 greases may not like each other. Ive have never had a problem.

Your not gonna hurt anything by over greaseing. The bigggest problem you'll run into is drag on the axle, as it moves through the thick grease in the carrier. Unless your setting up for drags, its not gonna make any difference.

If you over grease to much you might blow a seal. Just stop pumping when you feel resistance.

Chris

bpjr07
05-10-2009, 10:42 AM
cool well the synthetic grease about 4-5 times stickier and lasts like 8 times longer
so sounds like drag will be an issue a bit but then again i think synthetic will be better overall as its more waterproof also

thanks for the help

and for the 2 rear bushings there are no fittings.. how hard is it to remove and reinstall the big bolt that runs though both..any easier way of greasing those without removing anything?