PDA

View Full Version : what are youre thoughts, how will i do?

uchi
05-07-2009, 06:37 PM
my buddy has a little 150 cc pit bike. things pretty quick. while stock we would race and from a dig id get him, probably more traction related than anything, mid range were even and top end id edge him out by a hair. hes since blown the motor and has ordered a 180 cc version. and now the smack talk starts. hes talking about how hes gonna beat me and this and that. what i havent told him is that ive bought a 13 tooth sprocket and sparks key. hes jsut jumped to a 180cc motor, no port work, nothing fancy, and a 5 speed from his previous 4 speed. im wondering how im gonna do against him? this is basically the newer version of his

http://www.tsunamibike.com/catalog/item/2855688/3179648.htm

ill get my 450r carb on before hand if i need to, but how can i expect to do?

matt14c
05-07-2009, 07:11 PM
His mods will definitly make a bigger difference than yours. That is a big difference going from 150-180 cc plus if the compression is higher and the other mods that will go along with it. The 13 T front will actually hurt you except for the takeoff. The sparks key and 450 carb will be a nice help. If I was you though I would go back to the 14T or whatever you had before then it should be really interesting but I would think you should edge him out.

rob_990
05-07-2009, 07:16 PM
yea it should be really close

uchi
05-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Guess I might need a small shot of nitrous. A little cheater kit. Any idea how much nitrous I can safely put into this thing?

zwark
05-07-2009, 07:53 PM
if you want to beat him, just kick him off of his bike. who cares if who wins, just have fun. if he continues to run his mouth adn you can't take it anymore, take one of his teeth out, that will make him quit.

matt14c
05-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Nitrous would be the last things I would think about. Not sure what your mods are but what about a high compression piston, cam, rev box, full exhaust for that carb.

uchi
05-07-2009, 08:08 PM
I'd like to go with a cam next. I have to read to see how much work is involved. I might just pull the motor and drop it off at a local bike builder and have him do the work for me. I'm pretty compitant mechanically but I've never had to adjust valves and I'd rather not guess.

uchi
05-08-2009, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by zwark
if you want to beat him, just kick him off of his bike. who cares if who wins, just have fun. if he continues to run his mouth adn you can't take it anymore, take one of his teeth out, that will make him quit.

lol no no its not that bad, its a buddy of mine and smack talk has always been our way of having fun :) i just wanna make sure i have the faster machine than him. first it was cars. my car was faster, then his car was faster, then i built the motor for my car but had boost leaks out of *** so he stayed ahead and once i finally got the car running right to where i would have walked him the oil pump let go in my motor and ate the bottom end. so he busts my balls about his car being faster than mine with a built motor. so now my new car has the potentialto be alot faster for alot less money but i have no urge to play with it and so id like my quad to be faster than his bike :D

hypersnyper6947
05-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Throw in a stock bore high compression piston, a cam and the 450 carb, this way you wont have to wait on machine work, you can just throw it all together. Then loose your airbox lid and jet it. You'll be cruzin then. That should shut him up.

bigbad400
05-08-2009, 09:02 AM
never saw one of them befor but honestly its a 150cc 4 stroke how fast can the thing be? your 400 ex is having trouble with that little thing. ill race you ex for ex, a 125cc 2 stroke is a quick little bike but those are tiny and i just dont see how. you must have one slow ex, i dont see how you cant annihilate that little bike.

btw if you dont have a good pipe most of your mods will lack power compared to what they could be, you gotta let it breath.

uchi
05-09-2009, 10:14 PM
i though tthe same thing, those little *******s are fast. my neighbour has a brand new arctic cat 400. and were pretty even until the middle of 4th where i edge him out. his machine is less than a month old.

the little 150 is fast, his brother has a 125 that i walk on like its nothing. but that little 150 is something else. power to weight plays a huge role in it. thing weighs nothing at all.

is there anything thats needed with a high comp piston? i wanna do the cam soon, stg2, might aswell toss in a piston while the cams getting done alone with a factory rebuild on other things just to freshen the old girl up :)

and my ex isnt that slow, im a big guy and she lifts the wheels into second gear with ease :)