PDA

View Full Version : budds flashing problem

craigmacphee
05-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Just talked with my dealer. He called to say they are attempting to flash my racing ECU with their BUDDS system, and when they attempt to flash it they are getting a signal saying "System not responding." They have been waiting 3 days for BRP to get back with them to walk them through it and no luck. They told me this is the first one they have ever did and don't know how to do it. Has anyone had this happen to them and does anyone know what the fix is? I left them the direction BRP sent me to install it but I guess it don't help. Thanks, Craig

Justwin
05-08-2009, 03:19 AM
Is it an ECU that has already been modified by the race team?

craigmacphee
05-08-2009, 11:40 AM
I don't know for sure what it is. All I know is that it is the one BRP sent me with my racers package. Any ideas?

quadworxuk
05-09-2009, 01:17 PM
just plug it in and go race....it doesnt need to be set up on buds

coryatver
05-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by quadworxuk
just plug it in and go race....it doesnt need to be set up on buds

I am pretty sure that is very wrong. The original holds all the calibration settings for the throttle and other information. You have to copy that off the original and then put it on the new one or it isn't going to work

lynxmann
05-10-2009, 05:20 AM
You dont have to copy it over from the original ecu you can reset the tps with the new one in the bike.

Any Can Am dealer should know how to do this.

Justwin
05-10-2009, 06:43 AM
As Quadworxuk says just plug it in and go - it's very rare that the TPS even needs zeroed but it is worth checking...

coryatver
05-10-2009, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by lynxmann
You dont have to copy it over from the original ecu you can reset the tps with the new one in the bike.

Any Can Am dealer should know how to do this.

they should know how but if you have been following his posts his dealer doesn't know anything about this quad lol

craigmacphee
05-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the input and ideas guys. As stated by me and others, my dealer does not know ANYTHING about my quad. They have been "waiting" for a call from BRP for the last week so they can get step by step directions on how to flash my ecu. I called BRP's racing dept. on Friday and talked with one of their guys who in turn forwarded me to their racing coordinator. He is going to call the dealer on Tuesday to set them straight.

As far as just plug and play, that may be true, maybe not, but the directions BRP sent me said that I had to flash info from one to the other and my dealer had to do it. Talk about a fiasco... LOL

Thanks again, Craig

lynxmann
05-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by coryatver
they should know how but if you have been following his posts his dealer doesn't know anything about this quad lol

This procedure is not exclusiv for the DS, you reset the TPS the same way on all Can Ams fuel injected bikes.

I even gave the instructions on how to do this in an other tread where he mentioned the problem.
And even if his dealer dont know how to do it he should be able to read the shop manual and find out.

coryatver
05-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by lynxmann
This procedure is not exclusiv for the DS, you reset the TPS the same way on all Can Ams fuel injected bikes.

I even gave the instructions on how to do this in an other tread where he mentioned the problem.
And even if his dealer dont know how to do it he should be able to read the shop manual and find out.

Ya you would think they would be able to figure it out. Now if there was just something simpler they could use than EFI :o

BSTURDIVANT
05-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Just plug it in, turn the swictch on and turn switch off for 30 seconds! Ready to rock!

craigmacphee
05-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Thank you for your advice guys. The dealer did just that on Thursday. Plugged it in an played. BRP really needs to explain that in their long and detailed directions they send with the ECU. LOL