PDA

View Full Version : tire and wheel size

HiperEX
01-02-2003, 03:43 PM
im thinking about getting some new tires for my 300 i was thinkin about getting some douglas beadlocks on the rear or the renforced ones and just the normal douglas on the front what tire size should i get if i ride in the woods, some road just for crossing or goin to another area, and snow, i know that the 18" tires are cheaper than the bigger so thats a thumbs up for that but would this be to small of a wheel for me and i was really looking into getting some 20's with the same wheels i listed above thanks any thoughts?

HiperEX
01-02-2003, 04:05 PM
come on guys help me out and also what would be a good tire brand for my type of riding i also do some play racing on me and my cousins track and a friend of ours has made about 5 of them in wide open fields and some have small creek crossings and into the woods thanks again come on get some replys in here guys
and what is the differnce between teh douglas .125, .160 and .190 the bigger number mean the stronger?

fmf400ex
01-02-2003, 09:10 PM
Yes the .190's are the strongest type of rim, that is what i have all the way around. And my personal opinion on the best tire for woods and some racing would be the maxxis razr tires, i have always had that type of tires and I really like them. Well I would go with the 20" in the back and probaly either a 21" or 22" in the front which ever size you may lik better.