PDA

View Full Version : whats the deal on rear brake pads?

hotshotgoal30
05-07-2009, 02:25 PM
what the heck? i hardley have maybe 10-15 hours on my bike and the pads are shot. i got on and the peddle almost goes to the floor. so i looked at the pads and on the left side it appears that there is absolutly no pad there. on the right there seems to be a tiny bit. its definetly metal on metal on the left cause i can tell by looking at the rotar. iv never had disk brake pads go this fast. i hardley use the rear brakes! is there problems with these or something i should know about? because that isnt right. for how much time is on my ds and how much i use the rear brake it should have plenty of life. im kind of pissed about it. i had to order new pads but i just didnt know if they were adjusted wrong or if these were known to be problematic. as far as im concened they should warranty this. even though i know they wouldnt

ProspectorJim
05-07-2009, 03:09 PM
yea the stock pads wear very quick. I had to replace my rears with ebc's last month.

Justwin
05-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Were your pads the black ones or the copper coloured ones stock?

hotshotgoal30
05-07-2009, 05:53 PM
im not sure the color. i havnt taken it apart yet. im still shoked they are gone already. where did you buy the ebc's? are they better?

ProspectorJim
05-07-2009, 06:15 PM
I got them off of rocky mountain. They're definitely better and seem to be lasting a lot better.

5852jake
05-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Im running DP pads from ProCycleDepot.com. They've already lasted longer than the EBCs I had before. Ive replaced my rear pads three times since July when I bought the quad. I love the ds but that is one thing they need to fix.

Mr. Big Time
05-07-2009, 11:11 PM
I bought my bike last april and just changed my pads for the first time a couple weeks ago. I guess I got the lucky bike of the batch

Justwin
05-08-2009, 03:13 AM
There are 2 types of stock pads - ones that are black in colour and are pretty soft - they were supplied in the 08 DS' I think. They are good for dry conditions and are less prone to over heating but they don't last very long. Can-Am also offer a copper coloured sintered pad (supplied in the 09 Xmx) which is much more durable and good in the wet - in fact it's good for most conditions...