PDA

View Full Version : dumb racing questions

quadperson
01-02-2003, 03:32 PM
First, what is TT? Time Trials? What is it? Also, I have a 2002 300ex that is mostly stock, can I race beginner mx with it? I'm too old to be trying to get serious, I just want to have some fun. Thanx in advance guys.

01-02-2003, 03:34 PM
It stands for Tourist Trophy,, and yes you can run a stock 300ex in an air cooled class..

quadperson
01-02-2003, 06:30 PM
Tourist Trophy...but what is it? MX, XC?

YamaWarr0121
01-02-2003, 06:58 PM
tourist trophy is TT racing, flattrack sometimes with a lot of turns and sometimes lil jumps or little hills

u can race an 300 cc class or the new class they came out with for 14 and up 300cc four strokes n 200 cc 2's (blasters)
i raced it in my warrior one time

400grl
01-03-2003, 10:29 AM
Hey! You are my age! You're not too old! You would be surprised at how well you can do out there! :D

timewass
01-03-2003, 10:35 AM
MX is Motocross and XC is cross country

400grl
01-03-2003, 10:40 AM
TT is basically a dirt oval with a few little bumps in it - keeping your speed up through the turns and not spinning out are the big challenges in that type of racing - usually you can't run knobbies out there.....

MX is outdoor dirt track with lots of big tables, doubles, whoops, triples, etc. Usually the same tracks the bikes race....(my favorite!)

XC - looks cool! Isn't this what you see on TV most of the time? Going throught the fields, barns, creeks beds, forest, etc.

Whatever you race, you will need to be set up for that particular style once you get serious.....with a basically stock quad you should be able to run in the beginner class in any of those and do OK. I raced my quad stock until I got moved up to Novice.....then I started modding the cr@p out of it! :D

??300expro??
01-04-2003, 07:16 PM
Well I have done both but not so much xc, and I love mx riding I also have a 2002 300ex with tons of mods.
Check it out at www.300exser.cjb.net

QuadJunkies
01-06-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by quadperson
First, what is TT? Time Trials? What is it? Also, I have a 2002 300ex that is mostly stock, can I race beginner mx with it? I'm too old to be trying to get serious, I just want to have some fun. Thanx in advance guys. Your close to my age, and I too am considering getting into TT racing. I also have a 300ex,Im headed to see a few races here in a few weeks to see what everyone is running here first, then Ill start the mods if I decide to race... Being just a lil pup out there, Im a lil nervous and no other women have raced here before:confused: I am like you, Im out to have a good time and just give it a try, Im not out to be the winner, let us all know when and if you race..:) Tina