PDA

View Full Version : Cr Perch

RIKR4X
11-18-2001, 07:34 AM
I INSTALLED MY PERCH TODAY AND WHEN I PUT THE CABLE IN,I HAD TO ADJUST IT AT THE BOTTOM. IS THIS NORMAL WHEN YOU SWITCH PERCHES? JUST DONT WANT CLUTCH TO SLIP! THANKS FOR THE HELP.

brokenbones
11-18-2001, 08:26 AM
did you install a new cable with the perch or did you use the old one i installed a works connection on one my Rs many years ago and had the same problem install a new cable also no you dont want the clutch to slip --slip=lose of power

brokenbones

NVR2L8
11-18-2001, 11:08 AM
I did the e-brake block-off mod and CR perch change to my 400EX about a year ago, and yea, I too had to adjust the bottom way in in order to get the right adjustment at the lever. As long as you get the right adjustment at the lever though, you should be fine. Just to be safe you might want to watch the mechanism (or whatever it's called) on the case, just to make sure it's completely disengaging when you release the lever. After a year of riding this way, I've had no problems with clutch slippage.

SGA
11-18-2001, 01:36 PM
I installed the cr easy pull lever. have to adjust the clutch at the engine. works for me.

RIKR4X
11-18-2001, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the info. , I rode it today no slippage on the clutch. Thanks for the help.