Some mods include:

CT Porting
CT 5 Angle valve job
Leo Vince Full System
BRP Green Injector
Power Commander
BRP Throttle Body and Intake Elbow
Falicon Rod

Still to test - BRP Alloy Intake and New Leo Vince carbon end cap style silencer.

Justwin
05-07-2009, 06:56 AM
Dyno results hopefully attached this time...

TNT
05-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Nice!

ScottB125
05-07-2009, 09:38 AM
That looks likes some good power.

What kind of numbers are other builders getting?

Stock cam and piston?

ml450r
05-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by ScottB125
That looks likes some good power.

What kind of numbers are other builders getting?

Stock cam and piston?

No one is getting that power out of the stock bore and stroke.

cf3go
05-07-2009, 12:05 PM
WOW!!!:eek2:

Justwin
05-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Stock cam and piston?

No - CP Piston and Web Cams

SilverBomb
05-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by ml450r
No one is getting that power out of the stock bore and stroke.

Looks like it is to me. Unless there's a big bore and stroker kit on it which he didn't mention.

Nice Numbers man, sweet for a stock bore!

Aussie_YFZ450
05-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Nice, 112 runs lol

Why do they start at 6600rpm? do you have a stock run to compare to?

Justwin
05-07-2009, 04:08 PM

Well you see, I never said it was stock!

The bore is stock but it's stroked 5.84mm - about 490cc...

cc for cc though it's still pretty good

Why do they start at 6600rpm

It was just one of the last runs that we did while setting up the power commander. I hope to get some more runs from lower revs when I get the new intake etc on it - by the looks of the torque curve there may be more at even lower revs...

SilverBomb
05-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Cool, put a big bore kit on and it would put you well over the 60 mark. :)

ml450r
05-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by SilverBomb
Looks like it is to me. Unless there's a big bore and stroker kit on it which he didn't mention.

I was answering the above question about other builders making hp. He didn't mention the stroker, piston or cams.....with all this it makes since.

That is some serious tq. Very good power, congrats.

ml450r
05-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Tell me more about this crank, where can I get one.:D

TNT
05-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Tell me more about this crank, where can I get one.:D

He didn't say anything about the crank it's stock I presume, he's got a shorter(stroker) Falicon rod that gives him a 490 and the numbers. Nice!

Now he needs to go run it a while in MX/XC and see how it holds up.

ml450r
05-07-2009, 08:36 PM
You can just get the rod, I never knew that would make a stroker.

ml450r
05-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Wouldn't it be a longer rod, using a piston with the wrist pin in a different (Higher) location to make a stroker?

TNT
05-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Wouldn't it be a longer rod, using a piston with the wrist pin in a different (Higher) location to make a stroker?

What your saying makes no sense unless he decked the hect out of the head?

I dunno,lol, but sounds to me like he's got a stock piston set up HC maybe and a shorter rod to get the displacement?

Justwin state some facts man, why leave the cat w/ killer curiosity?

:confused:

ltr311
05-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Decent numbers but needs more cam. Look how it falls off at 8500. Needs more cam or degree them. Otherwise decent numbers. 60whp can be had no problem with a 490. keep up the the good work

grannysleeper
05-08-2009, 12:22 AM
FYI, the crank MUST be changed or offset ground to change the stroke. You cannot get additional displacement by changing the rod length, this would only change the placement of the piston at TDC/BDC, resulting in a potentially disasterous situation if no other modifications were made.

Justwin
05-08-2009, 03:07 AM
Justwin state some facts man, why leave the cat w/ killer curiosity?

You wouldn't have had to think about it and we wouldn't have got all this interesting debate if I'd just stated the facts straight off! haha

It is a stock crank reworked by Falicon - Call Raphael there and he knows the exact setup.

Basically, the big end is relocated (closer to the outside of the web) and it runs (from memory) a +0.150" longer rod with a special CP piston to suit (i.e the pin is closer to the crown).

This set up allows you to runs std deck heights - std length cam chain etc etc - stock appearance actually!

I have already run it in a number of MX events and the performance is awesome - so much more punch than my other motors.

Decent numbers but needs more cam. Look how it falls off at 8500. Needs more cam or degree them. Otherwise decent numbers. 60whp can be had no problem with a 490. keep up the the good work

Thanks, the cams are one of Web's more revvy grinds and the are degreed in perfectly to the specs on their card, and when I look at the throttle profiles in the history section of BUDDS - the power is right in the rev range where I spend most of the time.

60whp should be possible but don't forget it is running a pretty small insert (28mm) in the silencer to meet our noise regulations, plus it's all about the torque really...

ScottB125
05-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Cool, so they offset ground your stock crank. Any idea if Falicon is going to make a stroker crank? Offset grinding works, but depending on the crank, can weaken it.

Care to say how much all this cost?

Justwin
05-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Yeah, they relocated the 'hole' in the stock web - not to be confused with a offset ground pin...

Don't know if they have any plans to do a 'new' stroked crank - suppose it depends on demand.

Just emailed Raphael and the current retail prices are

001-430 stroke & bal $639

249-904 ds450 knife rod $209

DS-Pro ds450 CP $276

TNT
05-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Sounds like you got a light weight powerhouse quad dialed into to your liking's Justwin thats great! More Hp/Tq means little to that buddy good job! You did your home work!!!

From what I understand blueprinting a new crank can be costly, up front there is a buy in; like CP wants a 4 piston min and expedite money if in a hurry.

TNT
05-08-2009, 05:34 PM
How much of a HP loss does Leo think your getting? Ive talked to that dude before way back in like 06 when we had a real good thread on the Scene about pipes at 99db...Now 94 wow! So your over in what UK? Are they enforcing that 94 heavy now? Do they tech inspect every racer?

To my knowledge FMF is the only other DS pipe getting 99db for American pro's/Pro-ams(now in 09)(and thats crazy we need more options)?..and Id be surprised if it's 1hp loss? probably more!..to the non-pro.

I bet tho if Leo would design a custom to your quad he get it down, the hp loss, or did he?, man that would be tough all the different engines out there, non-stock) but he seems like he knows what he's doing( i looked at their website very impressive, back in 06). We actually need him more over here in the states or to tie in w/the Oem and offer pipes in engine mod "kits", that get the Hp at low db. It's just a matter of time b4 we are ALL at 94, prob 2010. A-calss here is next, then B, etc...

But we have 800-1100 national MX race entires, you guys what 300-400, so enforecement here is going to be interesting...:rolleyes:

but imo you cant enforce lower dbs in this industry until there are better pipes/engine kits available in the market. A header w/slip- on options may do the trick??

TNT :D

witech
05-09-2009, 07:58 AM
Kind of a strange dyno chart. Why do you think hp peaks and drops so much after 8000 rpm? Maybe the ports need to opened up larger so it can sustain and hold the power all the way to red line. Or retard the cam timing some more. What size TB are you using?

ml450r
05-09-2009, 08:16 AM
I think the tq says it all, I would leave it alone, numbers are good.

Justwin
05-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Kind of a strange dyno chart. Why do you think hp peaks and drops so much after 8000 rpm? Maybe the ports need to opened up larger so it can sustain and hold the power all the way to red line. Or retard the cam timing some more. What size TB are you using?

I wouldn't say it drops that much - if you study the chart it is still making 54 right to the limiter - the scale on graph just exaggerates the curveā€¦

I'm tending to agree with ml450r though - I think I'll just run this as is for a while - the torque is more important to me than peak hp numbers.

TNT - I'll get back to you shortly about the pipe, just heading out now...