PDA

View Full Version : College Finals

Sjorge450R
05-06-2009, 08:07 PM
I know that a lot of you college kids are done with finals but my second semester finals begin tomorrow. I am currently studying but I am wondering how many people get stressed out over them. I see and know so many kids that start pulling their hair out and they are to the point that they are staying up for 3 days straight. Is anyone else like this?

I do not feel like this at all. I dont know if it is because I have been doing my work throughout the semester or what, but i dont think that there is a need to freak out.

As you can tell, I am just getting bored of studying and wanted to take a break!!!

feuerstack411
05-06-2009, 08:22 PM
I had my english final yesterday, and my western civII final today. I didn't stress over any of them, but I have to get an 84 on my math final in order to pass, so i'm semi stressing over that. Not enough to lose sleep over it though

fast426
05-06-2009, 08:23 PM
My last 2 finals are tomorrow, and I have to agree I never have gotten stressed out about them, and I will be a Senior next year. it might be because I only need a 30 and a 60 on the two finals though, so I am not really worried.

03warriorrider
05-06-2009, 08:25 PM
I have two more finals to go before my semester is over. The stress level definately goes up but theres no reason to loose sleep over them. If you pay attention in class and do the hw as the semester goes on I dont think theres really any reason to spend hours on end studing. I do usualy spend a little time going over my notes and refreshing before each final tho.

MX MaNiAc 06
05-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Last term I was a wreck over my anatomy final. I was living off Monster, Mt Dew and Adderol for a few days straight. haha I'm not real worried about this term though. Probly just hang out in the library all day the day before finals.

JRP
05-06-2009, 08:39 PM
I have my last final tomorrow morning! Damn business administration class! It should go pretty good! Been studying a lot and so far ive done good on my other ones, well atleast I think I have hahah. Ull be okay steve!

Sjorge450R
05-06-2009, 08:50 PM
hahaha yea Im not worried about anything. I was just curious how everyone on here handles things. I have a American Military Culture Final tomorrow but its real easy. We were given the question in advance, I have typed it up and its an open note final so i get to take it with me and I will just copy it and leave. After that I have my calc final and all i did in preparation was go over my notes and then I went to the review sessions that my university has. I feel pretty good. Only final I am stressing on is my C programming final because I hate that class and my professor is a real bad teacher and makes things harder than they have to be. 7/8'ths of the class is border line failing....:(

03warriorrider
05-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
hahaha yea Im not worried about anything. I was just curious how everyone on here handles things. I have a American Military Culture Final tomorrow but its real easy. We were given the question in advance, I have typed it up and its an open note final so i get to take it with me and I will just copy it and leave. After that I have my calc final and all i did in preparation was go over my notes and then I went to the review sessions that my university has. I feel pretty good. Only final I am stressing on is my C programming final because I hate that class and my professor is a real bad teacher and makes things harder than they have to be. 7/8'ths of the class is border line failing....:(

in my c++ class this semester the class average on the last test was a 35....needless to say the professor is HORRIBLE!

Quad18star
05-06-2009, 09:14 PM
I always have a chuckle at those that cram everything into 3 days of studying. Really if you paid attention in class you SHOULD know the course material.... most profs don't throw stuff on their exams if they haven't taught it in class.

The way I look at it .... if I don't know it , and didn't get it with 4 months of class ... stressing for 2 days and trying to understand it will not be successful.

BTW ... I got 2 "A" ... 2 "B" and 1 "C" . The "C" came from my Statistics class , which I never understood. :ermm:

ben300
05-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I always have a chuckle at those that cram everything into 3 days of studying. Really if you paid attention in class you SHOULD know the course material.... most profs don't throw stuff on their exams if they haven't taught it in class.

The way I look at it .... if I don't know it , and didn't get it with 4 months of class ... stressing for 2 days and trying to understand it will not be successful.

BTW ... I got 2 "A" ... 2 "B" and 1 "C" . The "C" came from my Statistics class , which I never understood. :ermm:

ya, but i hate it when the prof, in his last hoooorah, cause hes retiring after 40yrs, desides to go over two chapters in the last week of class and then makes 60% of his final on those two chapters.....

my heat transfer teacher during my second semester junior year did that, and needless to say, my A went to a B

but i usuallly didnt stress over finals either...unlsss your on the a/b or c/d boarderline, your grade is usually decided before that

Pipeless416
05-06-2009, 10:02 PM
i have one more final at 8 am tomorrow.. business law. shouldn't be too bad. i've learned to quit stressing over finals a while ago. putting yourself through what some of these students do will only hurt you. sleep and going over the notes briefly are the only way i can make it through.. except physics II. i just hate that. :o

spdygonzalez450
05-06-2009, 10:20 PM
I have two finals next week, I have to write 3 papers by next week, one of which is on Common Sense, for my political science class. I am stressing about one final and that is my Mythology final, nothing like having to know about the Greek myths, Christian myths, and Northern European Myths. That final is going to suck but o well. I will be happy when this semester is over

madskrillz2
05-06-2009, 10:30 PM

Exactly. That's why I don't stress over them anymore. I just make grades good enough to where it doesn't matter if I bomb them or not. lol. The only thing I stress about is sleeping in and forgetting about them. Haha I nearly did that with my Psych exam on Monday. I had to be there at 8 and I woke up at 7:50. I pulled one of those moves where you wake up at around 6:30 and say "Ah I'll sleep another 10 minutes." But then you don't realize what feels like 10 minutes is a freakin hour! :eek:

Robin Hood
05-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Just got out of my Chem 2 final. Waiting for the results. Kinda worried about it lol.

Last final is tomorrow at 3 and so far I have a 95+85 on the common exams so I'm not too worried.

Ralph
05-07-2009, 10:40 AM

Haha, i cram but i don't freak out cause i know i can get everything by the exam. Mostly because i don't do the practice problems and what not until the exam comes around.

I had an strength of materials exam Monday, 2 design projects due Wednesday as well as a statistics and measurements exam.

Now all that's left is a fluid mechanics exam on Friday. I'm expecting fields of A's this semester :). Then all that's left is one more year!

Ralph
05-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Ralph

Now all that's left is a fluid mechanics exam on Friday. I'm expecting fields of A's this semester :). Then all that's left is one more year!

They are starting to come in :chinese:

Pipeless416
05-07-2009, 10:47 AM

wow good start so far. more than i can say for myself this semester..:( :blah:

Robin Hood
05-07-2009, 10:48 AM

17 credits are you insane? Haha

Ralph
05-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
17 credits are you insane? Haha

got 18 next semester :eek:

Quad18star
05-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Ralph ... what program are you taking ? I had to take Strength of Materials, Fluid Mechanics, some design courses too when I took Civil Engineering.

I'd show you my grade sheet, but the viewing is closed until tomorrow while they update the end of semester grades. Tomorrow I'll show you my scatter board of grades. LOL

exrider12
05-07-2009, 01:38 PM
We have high school finals in a few weeks. if i dont pass the english one i wont pass the 9th grade writing standard... thats the only one im stressing out about..:ermm:

derekhonda
05-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by exrider12
We have high school finals in a few weeks. if i dont pass the english one i wont pass the 9th grade writing standard... thats the only one im stressing out about..:ermm:

Not to nitpick, but just start using proper grammar in your everyday life. Capitalize your "I's", use commas instead of ..., start each new sentence off with a capital. Put these things (and more) into practice each day (because I know you know those simple rules of grammar, so just start applying them) and you may be surprised at what follows.

As for everyone else. Finals? What are finals? HA HA HA HA That is the one week of college each semester I don't miss. I was one of those kids that crammed, not that I didn't pay attention all semester, it was just I dont think I ever had a final that was worth less than 20% of my overall grade. Most were usually 25 or 30 %, so needless to say, you could go from an A to a C in a hurry if you were ill prepared, and that was all the motivation I needed to pull an all nighter.

Ralph
05-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Ralph ... what program are you taking ? I had to take Strength of Materials, Fluid Mechanics, some design courses too when I took Civil Engineering.

I'd show you my grade sheet, but the viewing is closed until tomorrow while they update the end of semester grades. Tomorrow I'll show you my scatter board of grades. LOL

Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Engineering Mechanics.

exrider12
05-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Not to nitpick, but just start using proper grammar in your everyday life. Capitalize your "I's", use commas instead of ..., start each new sentence off with a capital. Put these things (and more) into practice each day (because I know you know those simple rules of grammar, so just start applying them) and you may be surprised at what follows.

Not to be rude, but does it really matter? I come on here quick and comment and get off. I dont have time to use "correct" grammar. And your right i do know how to use proper grammar, but I just dont want to or need to on here.

bluebaron
05-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Just got done today, such a good feeling! 4 semesters down, only 4 or 5 left! ha, that kinda sucks now that I think about it

Ralph
05-08-2009, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by bluebaron
Just got done today, such a good feeling! 4 semesters down, only 4 or 5 left! ha, that kinda sucks now that I think about it

Bout to go to take my last one. Then heading to South Carolina. Wish me luck.

derekhonda
05-08-2009, 06:43 AM
Not to be rude, but does it really matter? I come on here quick and comment and get off. I dont have time to use "correct" grammar. And your right i do know how to use proper grammar, but I just dont want to or need to on here.

Hahaha. Ok chief, keep worrying about passing your test.

Sjorge450R
05-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Took two yesterday. Dont think that I did bad at all. THere were only 3 problems on my calc final that got my caught up (they were all worth 3 points), but I was able to get the answer to one, and then I tryed to do the others, had a mental block. Oh well. Just gotta take my C programming final and then freshmen year is done!

I never did anywork in highschool so coming from a study practice that didnt even exist to the college scene was a hard transition. Tips for highscool kids. Start studying now. Even if you dont need to. It will help you in the future.

honda250xrider
05-08-2009, 08:40 AM
I usually laugh at some of the people that stay up for 3-4 days trying to cram in every little detail.... if you know it you know, i find if you are trying to study for something you dont get its a lost cause anyways just move on to the next subject and hope you do good on the final....

on a side note i know a couple friends who get bombed just about every night and are straight a students.. its amazing to see considering they hardly ever go to class

exrider12
05-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Hahaha. Ok chief, keep worrying about passing your test.

I really dont need these wise *** comments. I come on here to comment and help people who have questions, not to be ridiculed and "nit picked" at.

Anyway, good luck to everyone taking finals.

400exMO
05-08-2009, 11:17 PM
For some reason I always stress about finals. My lowest grade now is an 88 percent but all my finals are worth 25% and C's are just not good enough for the work I put in. But personally I enjoy all my classes and studying for finals is just reviewing what I have already learned.

younggun95
05-09-2009, 09:11 AM
I guess you could say I dont stress about my finals. Mine were Monday and Tuesday of this week. But the day before my final I was 9 hours away at a WORCS race. lol (Which I got 8th in the pro class at)

Balaz_73*00
05-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Kind of just started a similar thread...I just had a hell of of finals week here at PURDUE in the Krannert School of Business. So much studying and stress. I'm done for the summer and let me tell you, it feels GREAT. I'm so stoked for the summer I cant even explain

Ralph
05-09-2009, 11:05 AM
the b in me340 really caught me by surprise. I'm still satisfied though.

Now lets just hope people start hiring again next year when i graduate.

416exfreak
05-09-2009, 11:20 AM
I really dont need these wise *** comments. I come on here to comment and help people who have questions, not to be ridiculed and "nit picked" at.

Anyway, good luck to everyone taking finals.

Dude. Get your panties out of your crack.

He was trying to offer you some constructive criticism, and help you better yourself.

Its a proven fact that if you use proper grammar when on the internet, texting, and the like, you will be more likely to use the proper punctuation and capitalization techniques when it comes time to get down to business.

I guess since your still in 9th grade, you still have some time to goof off and be a kid. Let me give you a small peice of advice though man. Im finishing up my Junior year of highschool, and trying to get scholarships to help me out with college, and I was just the same as you are. I didn't use proper grammar or punctuation when on the net, texting, and the like, and it showed when I wrote my essays. I always got mad when people tried to give me some constructive criticism and wanted to fire back with the old "I dont need to do that on here" routine.

I started to use proper techiniques, and guess what? My grades on my essays started to go up. Using proper grammar and punctuation/capitalization techiniques became second nature to me. I didn't have to spend as much time proof reading my papers for mistakes, my teachers didn't have to spend as long checking them for mistakes either. Instead they could go ahead and read the paper, and give me a grade.

I've been in Honors classes since day one of my freshman year, and maybe that has something to do with why I try to do things right no matter who's reading it, but I really have benefited from doing things the right way.

Rant off.:chinese: