PDA

View Full Version : walsh pegs

aztecgwynn
05-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Has anybody bought or have a set of Walsh pegs on their 250r.
I just went on his web site and saw he makes them and the pegs look like a platform was welded to a piece of round tube don't look very strong, I hope i'm wrong but if anybody has a picture of those pegs I would really appreciate it.

deathman53
05-06-2009, 02:47 PM
I saw the pics too, pro-peg mounts are nothing more than that too. Its a flat piece of steel with a bar welded to it also. Everything from walsh is very good, I've seen enough of Walsh's stuff to know that its plenty strong enough. I wouldn't worry.

danhung11
05-06-2009, 08:37 PM
I have had a set of these. The were stronger than the frame I had. Like deathman said, no worries with craftmanship. Mike and Nate are good guys and won't do you wrong.

2fiftosR
05-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
I have had a set of these. The were stronger than the frame I had. Like deathman said, no worries with craftmanship. Mike and Nate are good guys and won't do you wrong.

i have that set, they are wicked, thanks Dan

danhung11
05-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by 2fiftosR
i have that set, they are wicked, thanks Dan

To my knowledge, they were the first set made. Mike has made adjustments to the angles. Is the polish still holding up on them?

2fiftosR
05-06-2009, 08:59 PM
polish is good, have a loose leaf buff and white rouge to touch it up when its needed. did have to dremel out the holes quite a bit to fit the bolts in tho. they dont sit completely flat either.. riding boots are shredded on the soles but still love them

danhung11
05-07-2009, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by 2fiftosR
polish is good, have a loose leaf buff and white rouge to touch it up when its needed. did have to dremel out the holes quite a bit to fit the bolts in tho. they dont sit completely flat either.. riding boots are shredded on the soles but still love them

That's funny about the boots. My new R will have roll design foot pegs, roll heel guards, and roll net bars. I will post pictures as soon as it's ready. :D