PDA

View Full Version : Teather cord

icepreddy
05-06-2009, 01:56 PM
My TLD preddy came with a stock tether cord, I was at the Monkey Butt atv club drags in Milton ,Wisconsin with my girl friend. I picked up a stock 04 pred for her this spring, in order to drag it had to have a kill switch. I've got a Pro Armor tether. Wired in and when it has the cord pulled it runs. When it is in it doesn't do anything. I don't knwo what is going on? Is there two different types? I switched the wiring around and it did the same. Help me out, I'm not to sharp with wiring.

fasterblaster02
05-06-2009, 03:49 PM
The Pro Armor is a normally open switch, meaning that when the cord is pulled, it closes and grounds out the spark. You probably have it on the wrong wires, maybe the stock kill switch wires, so when the cord is pulled out it has a complete circuit and can run. that was probably confusing, but that is what i know. I have that switch on my outlaw, and i wired it into a prewired plug (with heatshrink butt connectors and heatshrink tubing over them) to keep the water out.
hope this helps you.

sleddog66
05-07-2009, 04:39 AM
What fasterblaster said is correct. Other companies make both style, normally open, and normally closed. You will have to either get a different switch, or wire it differently like fasterblaster said.