PDA

View Full Version : Lost Trails PA

andrew450r
05-06-2009, 01:37 PM
People around where i live really need to get lives. They always need somthing to complain about. :mad:

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090506/NEWS/905060332

Does this type of thing only happen here in pa?

KFX450Rrider490
05-06-2009, 04:43 PM
i live just north of scranton and we have the same problem people complain only about quads to sleds make them as loud as possible but when it comes to quads pennsilvanians hate them!!

andrew450r
05-06-2009, 04:55 PM
I just dont get. I cant even tell you how any times ive gotten in trouble for trying to ride with my friends. I have even been called an a***h*** to my face by a cops in my area for riding by my house. Then they set places like lost trails up to give people a place to ride legally, and now everyone has a problem with that. Its like what would they rather see us doing, riding and having fun, or doing drugs and causeing real trouble.

hale23
05-06-2009, 08:22 PM
We have rode past the same gentlemans house for years. We respected him and slowed down past his house, and he didn't mind us riding past his house. Until his girlfriend moved in. She confuses loud quads for going fast. One day she went to my mother in law's house and started raising quite a ruckus over it. Apperently when we flew past her house one of her mini ponies almost ran her over and killed her.:huh

andrew450r
05-06-2009, 08:32 PM
If you have permission, and go slow and respect other peoples property i dont see why people should have a problem with it.

Now in my town they just passed an ordinace that you have to have 3+ acres in order to even start an atv or dirtbike because of all the complaints. Most of the people who complain are the biggest d***s you will ever meet. My neighbor built a track in his backyard, and the guy who lives next to him walked over and spit in the guys face because"he was being disrepectful of the people living around him"

ZeroLogic
05-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Where in PA is this?

andrew450r
05-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Where in PA is this?

Mountainhome/Cresco/Canadensis area.

Sjorge450R
05-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by andrew450r
If you have permission, and go slow and respect other peoples property i dont see why people should have a problem with it.

Now in my town they just passed an ordinace that you have to have 3+ acres in order to even start an atv or dirtbike because of all the complaints. Most of the people who complain are the biggest d***s you will ever meet. My neighbor built a track in his backyard, and the guy who lives next to him walked over and spit in the guys face because"he was being disrepectful of the people living around him"

sounds my neighbor. Came up to my house wailing his fist in the air. I was 17 at the time and I was about to go after him and then my dad came out of my house and the guy ran back home. Needless to say, he hasnt bothered me since. Oh and just so you konw. The only reason he came up was because I rode my quad from my back yard after I washed it to my garage. BTW, he has true duals without mufflers on a 1500 chevy.....i wanted to stuff the pipes but the rents wouldnt let me.

andrew450r
05-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
sounds my neighbor. Came up to my house wailing his fist in the air. I was 17 at the time and I was about to go after him and then my dad came out of my house and the guy ran back home. Needless to say, he hasnt bothered me since. Oh and just so you konw. The only reason he came up was because I rode my quad from my back yard after I washed it to my garage. BTW, he has true duals without mufflers on a 1500 chevy.....i wanted to stuff the pipes but the rents wouldnt let me.

I think its a PA thing lol.
That guy sounds like the cop who impounded my quad last summer. He complains about the noise ATVs make, and drives around in a big dieseal truck with strait pipes. And this guy used to ride road like it was his job back when he was a kid too. I coouldnt ride my new 450r for about 6 months because of him :mad:

dehner47
05-07-2009, 02:20 PM
trust me fella's (and ladies) its not just PA that is horrible about all this. yall should come to jersey. i use to live down the street from the police station and me and my father couldn't even start our race bike in our own garage with out the cops coming up our driveway. and this is when we all ran 250r's. there not even half as loud as a thumper. the sad part is all the cops knew i raced the nationals in the pro-am class and knew i wasn't just some drunk dude acting a fool on a quad. but they all had no issues stopping over when they wanted my father to redo there dirtbike motors or quad motors. then they were all about my bikes and what we did. its sad the world we live in :(

05-07-2009, 04:41 PM
I guess I am one lucky son of a gun. In my neighborhood, effort, everyone rides there ATV's and dirtbikes around the streets, and no one ever calls and complains. My friends down in the field by my house ride their piped predators and 125's all day long some weekends from 9am to 10pm. No one ever complains. I race my loud @ss moped around the neighborhood to get to friends houses, no one ever complains. Even the local kids take their bikes/quads down to the gas station on 209 to get drinks and crap because there's rarely a cop around.

My friend got pulled over on his rm125 a little while back, in my neighborhood, and the cop was cool and just said walk it home. No fines or anything.

I hope that doesn't change:p

Robin Hood
05-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
trust me fella's (and ladies) its not just PA that is horrible about all this. yall should come to jersey. i use to live down the street from the police station and me and my father couldn't even start our race bike in our own garage with out the cops coming up our driveway. and this is when we all ran 250r's. there not even half as loud as a thumper. the sad part is all the cops knew i raced the nationals in the pro-am class and knew i wasn't just some drunk dude acting a fool on a quad. but they all had no issues stopping over when they wanted my father to redo there dirtbike motors or quad motors. then they were all about my bikes and what we did. its sad the world we live in :(

Hate Jersey

andrew450r
05-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
I guess I am one lucky son of a gun. In my neighborhood, effort, everyone rides there ATV's and dirtbikes around the streets, and no one ever calls and complains. My friends down in the field by my house ride their piped predators and 125's all day long some weekends from 9am to 10pm. No one ever complains. I race my loud @ss moped around the neighborhood to get to friends houses, no one ever complains. Even the local kids take their bikes/quads down to the gas station on 209 to get drinks and crap because there's rarely a cop around.

My friend got pulled over on his rm125 a little while back, in my neighborhood, and the cop was cool and just said walk it home. No fines or anything.

I hope that doesn't change:p

Man your lucky. I have a stock exhaust on my 450 and ppl still complin how loud it is. I seriouly cant even tell you how many times i have been stoped or they showed up at my door.

Do you have state cops up in effort?

05-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Man your lucky. I have a stock exhaust on my 450 and ppl still complin how loud it is. I seriouly cant even tell you how many times i have been stoped or they showed up at my door.

Do you have state cops up in effort?

Honestly im not too sure. Im over by the turkey hill on 209 by the cemetary, not too much further up that hill. I think the nearest police station is down 209 near the golf course?

andrew450r
05-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Do you live by stroud motorsports or hellbound atv? Cuz if you do im pretty sure thats state cops.

Sjorge450R
05-08-2009, 08:25 AM
yeah jersey is beat. Thats why its DirtyJersey!!!!:devil:

dehner47
05-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
yeah jersey is beat. Thats why its DirtyJersey!!!!:devil:

i thought it was cause of the women:devil:

just playing jersey girls. if theres any on here. you all know i love you:D

05-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Do you live by stroud motorsports or hellbound atv? Cuz if you do im pretty sure thats state cops.

Nope, a little further down. Im close to where mike at hbatv lives and has the new building being put up though.

Remember where his shop was RIGHT off 209? Well im past that all the way near the turkey hill gas station

andrew450r
05-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Nope, a little further down. Im close to where mike at hbatv lives and has the new building being put up though.

Remember where his shop was RIGHT off 209? Well im past that all the way near the turkey hill gas station

Yea i now just were your talking about. Hows the riding there? Is there a lot of trails?

Ghost-Rider
05-09-2009, 06:54 PM
the guy who lives next to him walked over and spit in the guys face because"he was being disrepectful of the people living around him"

That guy woulda hit the ground so damn fast if he had spit in my face.

05-10-2009, 05:48 AM
Yea i now just were your talking about. Hows the riding there? Is there a lot of trails?

Not really much... Right down my road theres a dirt road off of it, which is on my friends farm field. He has a small track built on it, nothing crazy. Then I take a couple trails over to the powerlines, and on both sides of the road theres powerlines I ride on. On the one side theres a lot of trails to ride off of the lines.

Not worth a special trip but enough to keep me and my friends busy for a day.
You know where Marshalls Creek is correct? Well do you know where that blue Mr. Z's plaza is? Right behind that building in the back is a cool place to ride. We park in the back, and you will see a little trail going up a very small hill. You go up it and make a right, and it's actually a dirt road kinda. Take it all the way into the pit. It's a pretty fun pit to ride in, and theres trails at one end that go all the way to wendy's, and trails that go up the mountain.

andrew450r
05-11-2009, 06:28 PM

Not worth a special trip but enough to keep me and my friends busy for a day.
You know where Marshalls Creek is correct? Well do you know where that blue Mr. Z's plaza is? Right behind that building in the back is a cool place to ride. We park in the back, and you will see a little trail going up a very small hill. You go up it and make a right, and it's actually a dirt road kinda. Take it all the way into the pit. It's a pretty fun pit to ride in, and theres trails at one end that go all the way to wendy's, and trails that go up the mountain.

Sounds like a cool place to ride. Id go there if i wasnt on the verge of getting my licence suspened by the cops for ridding roads and railroad tracks :ermm:

05-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Sounds like a cool place to ride. Id go there if i wasnt on the verge of getting my licence suspened by the cops for ridding roads and railroad tracks :ermm:

That sucks. It seems no one really cares back there. We've gone a couple of times and no one ever bothers us.

But I wouldn't risk it. I would hate it if you actually went and were the 1st one to get busted. lol

andrew450r
05-11-2009, 06:32 PM
That sucks. It seems no one really cares back there. We've gone a couple of times and no one ever bothers us.

But I wouldn't risk it. I would hate it if you actually went and were the 1st one to get busted. lol

Wouldnt be the first time lol. I try to stick to legal trails now. Have you ever been to Lost trails before?

05-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Wouldnt be the first time lol. I try to stick to legal trails now. Have you ever been to Lost trails before?

No, I have been wanting to for a while. Are the trails nice/banshee friendly? Or would I be better off with the 400? Mr friend goes there all the time but I plan on making a trip sometime to check it out.

andrew450r
05-11-2009, 06:53 PM
No, I have been wanting to for a while. Are the trails nice/banshee friendly? Or would I be better off with the 400? Mr friend goes there all the time but I plan on making a trip sometime to check it out.

The trails are sick there. There pretty rocky, but then again where in PA isnt. I would deffinatly go there if you get the chance.
Ive seen a couple guys with banshees there, but id take your 400ex. For the most part its all tight techinacal trails, and you really wouldnt be able to ride a banshee the way its made to be ridin.

05-12-2009, 01:21 PM
The trails are sick there. There pretty rocky, but then again where in PA isnt. I would deffinatly go there if you get the chance.
Ive seen a couple guys with banshees there, but id take your 400ex. For the most part its all tight techinacal trails, and you really wouldnt be able to ride a banshee the way its made to be ridin.

Cool. Ill definitely have to make a trip over there. Maybe ill see ya around.