PDA

View Full Version : CBR 600 wont start

shok47
05-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi everyone, new here and I ran into a weird problem. the 600 was riding fine for 2 hours the day before. When I went out to start it today, I noticed both signal lights, regular blue lights, red light, and flashing oil light was on. I then switched the engine stop switch to on and I did not hear any "hmmmmm" sound. I still tried starting it several times but it didnt start. After several times the gas light on the left side of the indicator came on. (tried starting too many times I assume?) I disconnected the battery for awhile and the gas indicator went away, but the fuel pump still does not make a sound. Whats going on here! I checked the fuses but they are all good.

Should I be lifting the tank up and checking the fuel pump?

JJs450r
05-06-2009, 03:34 PM
probably blew the fuel pump fuse it happened to my buddy's 04 rr id check that first

toby400ex
05-06-2009, 03:51 PM
If the fuel pump is a motor that you can take off the engine and test I would try that. It sounds like a bad fuel pump since it is not priming when you turn on the ignition.

JJs450r
05-06-2009, 09:54 PM
a blown fuse will keep it from comming on as well either way id check the fuse first it seems like whenever my buddy would come down in a hard wheelie his fuse would blow

shok47
05-06-2009, 10:00 PM
I believe I checked every fuse.

Whats weird is on the dash, it shows both blinkers, headlights, a red light, and flashing oil light constantly going, BUT they do not work at all. Blinkers will not blink, lights wont turn on and I did add more oil b/c it was low. THe motor turns over strong but the fuel pump doesnt prime when I turn the key, which always happens. I mean after that 2 hour ride I didnt do anything except shut it off, add gas, and let it sit over night.

ThePhantomRider
05-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Try starting it.

derekhonda
05-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by ThePhantomRider
Try starting it.

Made me chuckle a little.

If it was me, the next thing i'd do is get two buddys to push me down the street and try to pop start it.

ThePhantomRider
05-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Made me chuckle a little.

If it was me, the next thing i'd do is get two buddys to push me down the street and try to pop start it.

It was made to do that...

Just hate when your stuff doesn't start and you run through all the usual suspects and nothing works.

shok47
05-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Yes, tried starting it numerous times.

found the problem! was so happy when I saw the picture in the thread :) It was a burnt out ground wire in the harness, very common in f4i's as they say. I just ripped out both ends and connected them together.

http://cbrforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82695&highlight=fuel+pump+prime

ThePhantomRider
05-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Did it start?