PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Mtn backorder?

Bryson#221
05-06-2009, 12:30 PM
So I bought a whole new round of Razr MX tires & Douglas Wheels from Rocky a few weeks ago and I already got my front set up, but the rear tires (not wheels) are still on back-order..however, since they mount them for me, I will not be getting my rear wheels until the tires come in first. Has anyone ever had anything on back-order from them? They seem pretty quick, so I would have figured they would have them in stock by now. Any idea how long it takes for them to get stuff in stock? I tried to call, but couldn't get a hold of anybody.

Thnxxxxx :D

scuzz
05-06-2009, 12:35 PM
I bought a set of AMS paddles and ITP wheels and one or the other was on backorder until mid January. They were my Christmas present and was hoping to get them a little sooner.

To my surprise they came on the 26th.

RMATV rocks!

Bryson#221
05-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Phewww..

I was gettin' scurrrd. :p

You mentioned when they were delivered, and when they were expected to arrive, but when did you place the original order?

scuzz
05-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Like, Dec. 20th.

jcs003
05-06-2009, 12:44 PM
i had the same thing happen a couple of years ago and they sent me the wheels seperate from the tires and i had to get them mounted.

scuzz
05-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Oh, speaking of that they did piss me off by sending me the rims in one box and the tires in another box.

(sorry I just remembered that they had done that)

Anyway when I called them to tell them that I had bought a package deal they said I could get them mounted and then fax them the receipt and they would send me the money.

This would have meant a long drive for me so I mounted them myself.

MX450
05-06-2009, 01:04 PM
This all depends on how fast maxxis gets the tires to them. As soon as they get the tires they will send them to you. If you got beadlocks on the rear dont worry about mounting them you can do it your self very easily!

hondariderdylan
05-06-2009, 01:05 PM
i hate backorders
my huevos 11 DVD was backordered for like a month from some online store

all my quad stuff has come from chapparal i have ordered tons of stuff from then and it was never on backorder, that and whenever they tell you the expected arrival date, lop off about 2/3rds of that, they ship VERY fast:eek2:

Bryson#221
05-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Hm...I wasn't given an expected arrival date :(

hondariderdylan
05-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Bryson#221
Hm...I wasn't given an expected arrival date :(

i always ask for one
hell demand if you have to:D

Bryson#221
05-06-2009, 01:33 PM
FINALLY got a hold of one of the reps..

She said they are expected to be back in stock around June 9th.

I told her to put a note in my account for them to HOLD my wheels there and make sure they get mounted so everything gets shipped together. (The last half of my racing season doesn't start back up until the end of Summer, beginning of Fall- so I'm not in a real big hurry)...and she said they don't ship the wheels first, and that they never have :huh

I think she's full of beans :D

scuzz
05-06-2009, 01:34 PM
I bet you an ice cold coke that you get it in before they say you should.

Bryson#221
05-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
I bet you an ice cold coke that you get it in before they say you should.

Hold ya to it Scuzzy :p

deathman53
05-06-2009, 03:21 PM
it all depends on when they get them. I ordered stuff, it was on backorder, I got them before what they said. Other times, the expected date kept getting moved later, it was close the 4 months before I got it. I learned, you need something very soon, order it ONLY if they have it available.