PDA

View Full Version : Honda TRX250X Transmission Question

atvnut07
05-06-2009, 11:19 AM
I need to know if there is a shaft for the kickstart 2nd idler gear or if the gear is kept in place by the gears it meshes with? I'm building an 87 trx250x lower end from scratch using the clymer<:mad: manual.
In the manual it says to install the 2nd idler gear bushing on the shaft and then install the 2nd idler gear onto bushing, but the diagram does not show a shaft for the 2nd idler gear and there is no listing for a 2nd idler gear shaft on the parts sites. AND i have no shaft for that gear in my box of parts.
I am stuck right here until I get an answer back from clymer or one of you engine gurus out there.
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance! atvnut07

atvnut07
05-11-2009, 11:57 AM
The question has been answered....but the problem remains.
There IS a shaft holding the kick start second idler gear in place. Clymer emailed me and told me the picture is correct. It doesn't show this shaft. :confused:
I had my friend take his side cover off yesterday and remove the clutch to see the 2nd idler gear. There is indeed a shaft there holding the gear! What's up, Clymer?!

Now the problem is "how do I get one if no one lists them?" Bike Bandit doesn't show it on their schematics,and neither does Service Honda....WTF!?! I thought maybe it was a part of the right-side center case, (which would explain why it isn't shown with the kick start 2nd idler gear assembly), but struck out there too. As I said....WTF!?!
I cannot be the only person in the world to ever run across this problem and if I am that's just my luck. :huh