PDA

View Full Version : Deals of the day.

Quad18star
05-06-2009, 07:22 AM
So as I'm driving my fiancee to work this morning , I came across a guy selling a landscapper trailer on the side of the road, so I stopped and took a look at it. Called the number he had listed , on it , and an hour later I came home with this for $1000. Brand new would have cost over $5000 for this same type of trailer around here.

Anyways .. this is my deal of the day . I can now hual my Grizzly around and probably even a 12 foot boat behind it. or beside it.

Let me know what you think and tell me about your " Deals of the Day"

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/Quad18star/IMG_3133.jpg

bigd's ex
05-06-2009, 07:37 AM
I hate you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL J/K. Nice find. :macho

Quad18star
05-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by bigd's ex
I hate you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL J/K. Nice find. :macho

LOL .... You don't hate me as much as my fiancee is going to hate me when she sees it sitting in the driveway when she get's home from work. :devil:

I gotta do a bit of cleaning to it and fix a few little things like one tail lens which is broken and go over all the tires and bearings and brakes , but she's a solid trailer and a heavy one at that. A little wider and I think I could fit my old man's '69 'Cuda on it. She pulls nice behind my Tundra though .

Now I just have to re-learn my backing up skills. Only took me 3 tries to get it in my driveway when I brought her home. LOL :ermm:

bigd's ex
05-06-2009, 08:51 AM
I feel for ya, just tell her you needed it to haul all of the new stuff your're gonna buy her after the wedding. LOL . Definitely a steal for a grand. It should clean up real nice. Good luck with the Misses.

madskrillz2
05-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Hah I would say if you didn't really need it, clean it up and resell it. Make yourself some profit.:D

Bryson#221
05-06-2009, 11:57 AM
It's a BEAUT! :D

Edit: BTW- You still haven't posted pics of your new ride, yet.

STILLLLLLLLLLL WAITING!

scuzz
05-06-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm working a deal on a used Lexus that might turn out to be that way.

But here's a reverse deal I made a while back:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/gwwaddle/Civic/100_3322.jpg

I bought it for $2800 and turned around and sold it for $4600 a year later. I had to buy a new radiator and tires.

I also did the same thing with a full sized pickup truck that I had bought for $1100 and sold it for $4500 after a year of having it too.

Tommy Warren
05-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
I'm working a deal on a used Lexus that might turn out to be that way.

But here's a reverse deal I made a while back:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/gwwaddle/Civic/100_3322.jpg

I bought it for $2800 and turned around and sold it for $4600 a year later. I had to buy a new radiator and tires.

I also did the same thing with a full sized pickup truck that I had bought for $1100 and sold it for $4500 after a year of having it too.

civic has custom headlights? what brand are they?

scuzz
05-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
civic has custom headlights? what brand are they?

eBay cheapo ricer projectors that I wish I would have never bought.

mittman
05-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Even if you have to put 1,000 more into it that was still a good deal. My boss has a trailer like that only it doesn't have the sides or place for the weed eaters. We took it in for new brakes a month ago it was there for 2 weeks and guy said it would be around 800 for new brakes and new wiring cause thats why they were not working properly. my boss and I looked it over and made sure everything worked changed the brakes in about 2hrs for around 200.00 total cost 280.00 brakes, beer and paying me.

hondariderdylan
05-06-2009, 01:18 PM
i never had a "deal of the day"
but i have a story about i guy who got a big one:
true story although i dont know the people involved

well this guy was doing some brick work for a mans new house project, when he got done the guy said he only had abour 1/3rd of the $ to pay for it. the guy who had been doing the brick work noticed he had a dissasembled 69 Camaro in his garage he was working on. he told the guy that he could give him the car and swap even. the guy didnt think much of the car and only got it to tinker with. well the guy agrred and then he came and picked the car up and put it in his garage behind his house and worked on it now and then. well he had it pulled out front of his house one day when his chevy buddy noticed that the car had a few weird things about it. well that word got a round to a collector who found the man and the car and inspected it to find out it was an original 69 COPO

he made a huge offer(cant remember how much), but long story short, the guy got the $ for the car and had a lot of extra money to pay bills and take is wife out with :devil:

heard this from an old guy i know
he still knows the man

but this is why i dont like it when people get big breaks like that because it never happens to me:blah: