PDA

View Full Version : 2005 hitting some of the power-band then bogs and smokes

predTLD05
05-05-2009, 07:42 PM
i have a 2005 blaster. its is smoking really bad. you can ride it and it seems to have good compression but is hits about half of the power-band and stops. there has has been a tear in the rubber connecter at the header and silencer when i was looking at the bike there was some oil on the swing arm and tire from the tear. i pulled the spark plug out and it had almost like little balls of metal inside the spark plug. i changed the spark plug and it didnt fix nothing. it also has been getting harder to start leading up to this point. also i've been running 93 oct gas with 32:1 oil mix. there is no mods on this bike beside the oil block off. what could this be. please help guys. my girl is pissed that i haven't fixed it yet and im catching a load of crap every time i talk to her.

headache
05-06-2009, 10:08 AM
check your tranny fluid. Sounds like maybe the right crankshaft seal is blown and letting your trans fluid get in the crankcase and burn which causes alot of smoke! and it will let oil drip out the exhaust like your describing. If it isn't that then i'd say take the carb off and clean it.

chickenman26
05-06-2009, 11:31 AM
sounds like top end trouble metal in clycinder is bad

predTLD05
05-06-2009, 09:31 PM
headache how do you get to that right crankshaft seal? ive never really messed with 2-strokes before. this is my girls bike. i have all my work done on my predator at the shop. i know its not the carb because i cleaned it today and still does the same thing. i had a guy look at it and he said it maybe the seal your talking about or could be a bearing has gone out and that would explaine the metel in the spark plug. he wasnt sure though because hes never seen metel in a spark plug. but he compression checked the bike and it was at 158 pounds and the rings, jug bore, and piston are perfect. im just not sure how to tear this bike down and know really what im looking at. i can do clutches and a few other things but ive never even tried a bottom end problem. oh and if i check the tranny fluid am i just check how much i have in there? or what. when i bought this bike it had metal fibers in the tranny oil and still has some. could this have been a clue something was going out. the idiot that had it before me told me about 3 days after i bought it that he had not changed the oil in about a year because i called him as soon as i saw the metal in the oil. it has fibers and a few bigger pieces as well.

headache
05-10-2009, 01:18 PM
you can take the clutch cover off and look at that seal. I can't rememberr if you can take the seal out from the outside or if you have to split the cases. More than likely you can get it out and change it without tearing the motor down though. Oh and there will always be little shavings of metal in your clutch oil. The blaster holds 650ml which is about 3/4 of a quart. drain what is in there and see how much comes out. when you refill you can look at the sight window and see if its full. I have a friend that rode his blaster for like a year with that seal blown. He just added clutch oil when it got low lol. It smoked like a train!!