PDA

View Full Version : 08 yfz 450 falls on its face

cliner
05-05-2009, 05:59 PM
I bought a new yfz last year and from the time I got it if i crack the throttle real hard it bogs out and stalls especialy if im trying to get over a log or ditch if im halfway easy its ok but from a low rpm it bogs out every time if i punch it from an idle and dont let off quickly it will stall out i took it back to the dealer a couple of times but they are cluless any help would be great

Ride1Rob
05-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Normally they do this because of off jetting from the factory. Can be time consuming to get rid of but if you know what you're doing and have patience you can get it right. What mods are done to the bike and is the jetting still stock?

cliner
05-05-2009, 07:40 PM
the yfz is completly stock and i must admitt Im a little short on knowledge when it comes to the carb

Ryan
05-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Had the same problem with mine... It was driving me nuts. I kept nailing the throttle leaning forward, it would bog out and I would fall on the handlebars :o . I put a Boyesen Quickshot 2 Accelerator pump cover and it never bogs out when I stab the throttle anymore. IMO, its the best motor mod I put on my YFZ.

Heres some info on it- http://www.motosport.com/atv/product/BOYESEN-QUICK-SHOT-2-ACCELERATOR-PUMP-COVER/?prodId=1078042&&srchHistoryURL= ...

cliner
05-05-2009, 07:55 PM
thanks I will try it cause i too am sick of falling on the handle bars it about ripped my arms of last time lol

moshachusetts
05-07-2009, 06:53 PM
i bought a 08 a couple months ago and had the same problem. here's what i did, apparently there is supposed to be a o-ring holding the accelerator linkage together. mine did not have this o-ring,and i've read that other peoples were missing too. so instead of putting a o-ring around the linkage (the o-ring can strecth) i put a small zip tie around it. this solved the problem and has been running great ever since. and its FREE! if you search on yfzcentral.com forum you will find a pictorial that explains it all.
need any help let me know.

cliner
05-07-2009, 07:19 PM
wow that sounds like a simple fix i will take a look

ohsobad_chevy
05-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by moshachusetts
i bought a 08 a couple months ago and had the same problem. here's what i did, apparently there is supposed to be a o-ring holding the accelerator linkage together. mine did not have this o-ring,and i've read that other peoples were missing too. so instead of putting a o-ring around the linkage (the o-ring can strecth) i put a small zip tie around it. this solved the problem and has been running great ever since. and its FREE! if you search on yfzcentral.com forum you will find a pictorial that explains it all.
need any help let me know.

Correction, there is not supposed to be an o-ring on that linkage from the factory.

cliner
05-12-2009, 04:20 PM
lol i have not had time to mess with it yet but i will be soon

moshachusetts
05-12-2009, 04:50 PM
well thats just what i read. either way if you do the zip tie trick it works great. when you get around to it let us know how it works for you.

cliner
05-12-2009, 05:33 PM
ok thanks and i defenatly will try it