PDA

View Full Version : Head Pipe?

Nick24
05-05-2009, 05:08 PM
I was looking at getting a different head pipe and was wondering what the best one is that isn't way expensive. Also does anyone know if the end of the fmf powerbomb head pipe is the same size as the stock head pipes end. Or is a aftermarket head pipe even worth it?

drzoo2
05-05-2009, 07:41 PM
it's larger than the stock head pipe. Before getting my power bomb, my TI-4 slip-on came with a spacer to adapt it to the stocker. You ditch the spacer when coupled with an FMF header.

z

Nick24
05-05-2009, 08:28 PM
did you really notice any performance difference or does it sound any different?

drzoo2
05-05-2009, 09:02 PM
I did my cams at the same time so I couldn't tell you.

Nick24
05-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Ok thanks i think im going to get the powerlid and filter instead anyways. Did the cams make it perform a lot better? JW because that was another possiblity later on when i change my valve springs to the DRZ springs that i just bought because i got the rev box. What all do you have done to ur quad?

drzoo2
05-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Nick24
Ok thanks i think im going to get the powerlid and filter instead anyways. Did the cams make it perform a lot better? JW because that was another possiblity later on when i change my valve springs to the DRZ springs that i just bought because i got the rev box. What all do you have done to ur quad?

Full FMF Ti-4 system, K&N Filter and Power lid and Old Style Hot CAMS
Stock Carb 150DJ main, 25 pilot, 2.25 turns Fuel screw, Alba Needle 3rd Clip. Elevation 1400'
EX DG nerfs modded to fit, AC Bumper
Renthol Banshee Bend Bars, One Indutries Graphics
LSR Front Spindles and +2 +4 Rear Axle with Holeshot HD's
Custom Warning labels and Aluminum Dash

Basically the OSHC and full exhaust. I'm not sold on the OSHC though. Way to much top end power with a noticable loss at the bottom. There many ways to fix this but I don't feel like it yet (DRZ kit, Revbox). I may ditch the OSHC and get a newer set which make more all around power. I have a trip coming were I can compare to a stock Z. It will make up my mind for me if he beats me.

z

http://www.rnd0m.com/public/drzoo2/100_0493.JPG

Nick24
05-06-2009, 10:39 PM
very nice

dylandrew1
05-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Does anyone know if the FMF Powerbomb will fit on a Motoworks slip on? Is it just as simple as measuring the OD from the slip-on and the ID from the header? What type of fit should I expect? I have an 06 KFX 400.