PDA

View Full Version : So I have this idea...

416exfreak
05-05-2009, 12:45 PM
To find a Mazda Miata, hardtop, with a preferably blown engine.

Then find a wrecked RX7 and jack the 13B out of it, and put that in the Miata.

Turbo it, and have one hell of an insane little drift car.

Anyone have any info on how hard this swap would be? I have already seen video's of these cars with the rotary engine in them, and they are wicked!:devil:

scuzz
05-05-2009, 12:54 PM
LS1 swap:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gPuhA2taax4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gPuhA2taax4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

....and here's the kit:

http://www.racingconcepts.net/product.html

Complete LSX Miata Mounting Kit - Everything you need to make your Miata into a turn-key LSX Miata. Customer is responsible for engine cooling and fuel systems.

Complete LSX Miata KitKit includes tubular subframe with transmission mounting kit, engine mounts, exhaust manifolds, new steering shaft, driveshaft, 8.8 IRS differential (3.55 or 3.73 gears), differential mounting kit, axles, clutch master cylinder with setup for the Miata, clutch line, and complete conversion instructions.

$3499.99

RSF Motorsports
05-05-2009, 12:58 PM
you would have better luck dropping a ls1 chevy motor in the miata then the rx7 rotary motor. the ls1 chevy is cheap and drops right in with a dry sump oil pan.

Chris

416exfreak
05-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
LS1 swap:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gPuhA2taax4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gPuhA2taax4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

....and here's the kit:

http://www.racingconcepts.net/product.html

Complete LSX Miata Mounting Kit - Everything you need to make your Miata into a turn-key LSX Miata. Customer is responsible for engine cooling and fuel systems.

Complete LSX Miata KitKit includes tubular subframe with transmission mounting kit, engine mounts, exhaust manifolds, new steering shaft, driveshaft, 8.8 IRS differential (3.55 or 3.73 gears), differential mounting kit, axles, clutch master cylinder with setup for the Miata, clutch line, and complete conversion instructions.

$3499.99

Ive looked into that too, but im not to high on GM componets:devil:

Plus I just love the way a rotary sounds, and with a bridgeport, or a J port, that 13B would probably be able to walk on an LS1, especially if it was turbo'd.

scuzz
05-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Ive looked into that too, but im not to high on GM componets:devil:

Plus I just love the way a rotary sounds, and with a bridgeport, or a J port, that 13B would probably be able to walk on an LS1, especially if it was turbo'd.

Rotary reliability isn't exactly top notch, plus the torque of a v-8 kicks butt. They also have a ford 302 kit out there.

I'm not trying to talk you out of doing it, but rather giving an opinion. Stock rotary's do better than modified ones.

I used to have an animated gif that showed air going into a rotary engine and the apex seals coming out.

Bryson#221
05-05-2009, 01:08 PM
My boytoy's droppin a 302 in his :)

hondariderdylan
05-05-2009, 01:11 PM
ive seen vette motors crammed in solstices

its possible;)

scuzz
05-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan
ive seen vette motors crammed in solstices

its possible;)

It's been done so often that people are making kits for it.

Bryson#221
05-05-2009, 01:15 PM
For real??

I've never heard of that before.

Must be because I live in a po-dunk county in the neck-of-the-woods, if you will :D

scuzz
05-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Also, in trying to find the animated .gif I found this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Zhnhq_exYt0/SHVRbbSEW-I/AAAAAAAAAVs/8wCZoTzO_Jk/s1600/Rx-7%2Bmotivational%2Bposter%2Bmazda.jpg

416exfreak
05-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Well, the thing is..

I already have a nice piece of V8 muscle.

My F100 cures my need for straight line speed, but the Miata would be a drift/autocross only vehicle.

I have a friend with an 89 RX7, and she hasn't had a single problem from her 13B. It's turbo'd with a J port and some other odds and ends.. I must say, the little car can scoot.:p

Tommy Warren
05-05-2009, 01:21 PM
my neighbor has a miata with a 302 cobra motor in it that thing hauls. sounds sweet too. Its too bad the guy is 100 years old or he would drive right, e just putters around in it. makes me made but yeah there is a kit for that also I think its called a miacobra kit

maticus
05-05-2009, 01:25 PM
just get an N/A 13B, they're cheaper and you can rev them to the moon. my friend had a super beat one that he would take to 10k daily, all it did was shoot black smoke at those rpms ( which was hilarious)

scuzz
05-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Well, the thing is..

I already have a nice piece of V8 muscle.

My F100 cures my need for straight line speed, but the Miata would be a drift/autocross only vehicle.

IMO - you would have to chose one or the other.

If you autocross it then the engine swap would put you in a class that would only net you a last place trophy if it was given.

If you dorifto the car you'll need either gobs of horsepower or gobs of torque. Also you'll want a '94 + Miata as they came with Torsen lsd, also the '94 + 's had a larger displacement 1.8 which go pretty well with some bolt-ons.

05-05-2009, 01:39 PM
idk much about miatas for drifitng but they sure make one hell of a road race car. i cant get past the incredibly gay body styling though. the newer MX5 arent as bad but damn even ones made to look good just dont do it for me.

416exfreak
05-05-2009, 01:41 PM
If you drift the car you'll need either gobs of horsepower or gobs of torque. Also you'll want a '94 + Miata as they came with Torsen lsd, also the '94 + 's had a larger displacement 1.8 which go pretty well with some bolt-ons.

Call me stupid, but can you elaborate on why I would need GOBS of hp or torque? Driving skill is what matters most..

Let me give you an example so you can see my line of thinking.

Put me on Pat Browns YFZ, and put Pat Brown on a stock YFZ. Im willing to bet a months pay check that Pat would still smoke me. Me having the more powrful engine doesnt always mean I can get around the track fastest.

I understand I'll need enough power/torque to turn the tires, but I have seen video's of 13B powered Miatas outrunning F430 Ferrari's..

Also, lack of tq/hp can be made up with gearing..

Id love for this to turn into a nice, intellectual, gearhead discussion.. but I have a feeling that someone will come in here and ruin it...

:ermm:

416exfreak
05-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
idk much about miatas for drifitng but they sure make one hell of a road race car. i cant get past the incredibly gay body styling though. the newer MX5 arent as bad but damn even ones made to look good just dont do it for me.

<a href="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3013/2957032975_db76607844_o.jpg">Doesnt look to gay to me..</a>

scuzz
05-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Call me stupid, but can you elaborate on why I would need GOBS of hp or torque? Driving skill is what matters most..

Let me give you an example so you can see my line of thinking.

Put me on Pat Browns YFZ, and put Pat Brown on a stock YFZ. Im willing to bet a months pay check that Pat would still smoke me. Me having the more powrful engine doesnt always mean I can get around the track fastest.

I understand I'll need enough power/torque to turn the tires, but I have seen video's of 13B powered Miatas outrunning F430 Ferrari's..

Also, lack of tq/hp can be made up with gearing..

:ermm:

If you were autocrossing then no, you would want it nearly as stock as possible because you would be bumped up to something like an open wheeled class.

but again, as far as DorIfTo goes:

Check out the miata forums, they have a ton of people drifting them:

http://forum.miata.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13

hondariderdylan
05-05-2009, 02:29 PM
is the car going to be a competition car or just a screw around after work/ on the weekends car?

if so, dont really worry about the class thing

416exfreak
05-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan
is the car going to be a competition car or just a screw around after work/ on the weekends car?

if so, dont really worry about the class thing

Just for playing around.

I wouldnt race the car. I dont have the money to keep up with the maint. for going out and racing every weekend.

It would more or less be something to drive out to the boonies and run around the curves at 100+:D

05-05-2009, 06:27 PM
It would more or less be something to drive out to the boonies and run around the curves at 100+:D

you could do that with a lot of cars. hell I have a Civic that doesnt even have that many handling mods just the 3rd best tire you can buy, sport springs, strut bars and a camber kit to adjust it to whatever. going to upgrade the sways, brakes, and lines and call it a done deal for handling then motor work. Miata is a good track car though and I wouldnt suggest doing what you plan to take it to the track. I dont have it in me to push my car to its limits on the public roads just because of the speed you have to go to get it to its limits not only indangers my life but it can put others in danger and I would hate to die at such a young age from trying to take a turn on a backroad at 110MPH or so only to hit a patch of sand or something slick. You live in Florida too there must be a road track up that way. Is your life or someone elses worth $300? I dont think so, be safe and keep it real, if you want to go fast do it where you can on a closed course.

416exfreak
05-05-2009, 06:47 PM
you could do that with a lot of cars. hell I have a Civic that doesnt even have that many handling mods just the 3rd best tire you can buy, sport springs, strut bars and a camber kit to adjust it to whatever. going to upgrade the sways, brakes, and lines and call it a done deal for handling then motor work. Miata is a good track car though and I wouldnt suggest doing what you plan to take it to the track. I dont have it in me to push my car to its limits on the public roads just because of the speed you have to go to get it to its limits not only indangers my life but it can put others in danger and I would hate to die at such a young age from trying to take a turn on a backroad at 110MPH or so only to hit a patch of sand or something slick. You live in Florida too there must be a road track up that way. Is your life or someone elses worth $300? I dont think so, be safe and keep it real, if you want to go fast do it where you can on a closed course.

Actually, there aren't any road courses up here.

But there's and old forest road thats literally in the middle of nowhere. You have to go through about 8 miles of dirt forest roads until you get to this paved section thats maybe 15 miles long.

Its perfect for what I want to do. Located in an area where there wont be any traffic, other than hunting season (when I wont be out there) and I dont plan on having anyone riding with me in the car.

The car would pretty much be a cool little project, to take out and beat on as I feel like it and maybe cruise to the drive-in and mess with punks in thier civics with 462'378'462'378 hp worth of stickers..:devil:

Guy400
05-05-2009, 06:52 PM
It would more or less be something to drive out to the boonies and run around the curves at 100+:D Dude, be careful. I'd hate to see you hurt yourself but more importantly don't kill anyone else. My cousin, fourstrokefan, was with me in my '92 TSi when we were in college. I had some mild work done to it (boost controller, exhaust, clutch and hacked air can) and one day we were out screwing around on the way back to our apartment from class. I didn't intentionally do it but I went around a right hand sweeping corner at 110mph and had the car in a 4 wheel drift (I meant to go around the corner fast but didn't mean to put it in a slide). I was turning left to keep it going right. I knew that if I let off the gas the rear end would come around on me. I just floored the throttle and because the rear wheels were spinning it kicked in the AWD and the front wheels grabbed and the car straightened out. By this time we were well in the opposite lane and I pulled back over into my lane and don't 3 cars come over the hill about 1/2 second after I get in my lane. I could've killed me and heaven forbid, my cousin and some strangers. I have never F'd around on the streets like that again.

hondariderdylan
05-05-2009, 06:54 PM
maybe cruise to the drive-in and mess with punks in thier civics with 462'378'462'378 hp worth of stickers..:devil:

i hear that:D

feuerstack411
05-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Chris 281
you would have better luck dropping a ls1 chevy motor in the miata then the rx7 rotary motor. the ls1 chevy is cheap and drops right in with a dry sump oil pan.

Chris

off topic. but how did you get a 93 m3? euro import? post up some pics... you on bf.c?

416exfreak
05-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Dude, be careful. I'd hate to see you hurt yourself but more importantly don't kill anyone else. My cousin, fourstrokefan, was with me in my '92 TSi when we were in college. I had some mild work done to it (boost controller, exhaust, clutch and hacked air can) and one day we were out screwing around on the way back to our apartment from class. I didn't intentionally do it but I went around a right hand sweeping corner at 110mph and had the car in a 4 wheel drift (I meant to go around the corner fast but didn't mean to put it in a slide). I was turning left to keep it going right. I knew that if I let off the gas the rear end would come around on me. I just floored the throttle and because the rear wheels were spinning it kicked in the AWD and the front wheels grabbed and the car straightened out. By this time we were well in the opposite lane and I pulled back over into my lane and don't 3 cars come over the hill about 1/2 second after I get in my lane. I could've killed me and heaven forbid, my cousin and some strangers. I have never F'd around on the streets like that again.

I wont be messing around like that on crowded, well traveled roads.

We do have a little autocross type meeting in the airport parking lot every 2nd sunday of the month. They set up cones in the parking lot and people make laps all day. We've tried to petition, and sign waivers to get them to just open up the old airfield and let us have that for a place to go run our vehicles.

They want no part of that.. :ermm:

hondariderdylan
05-05-2009, 07:19 PM
We've tried to petition, and sign waivers to get them to just open up the old airfield and let us have that for a place to go run our vehicles.

They want no part of that.. :ermm:

sounds like the people in my neck of the woods
anything that has a motor and makes any noise with more than a few people there, they can find somthing wrong with it and shut them down:scary:

05-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Tampa Bay Area deffinately a huge car scene. Biggest that I know of I love it. Always something going on. How far is Sebring Florida for you? 6 hours? Its 3 hours for me and well worth the drive to race your car on such a historical and well known track. Its the real deal, oldest track in the United States. $225 for open testing day on the 3.7 mile course all they require is a Snell 2005 approved helmet. Theres much closer places but not the real deal like Sebring.

416exfreak
05-06-2009, 07:44 AM
Tampa Bay Area deffinately a huge car scene. Biggest that I know of I love it. Always something going on. How far is Sebring Florida for you? 6 hours? Its 3 hours for me and well worth the drive to race your car on such a historical and well known track. Its the real deal, oldest track in the United States. $225 for open testing day on the 3.7 mile course all they require is a Snell 2005 approved helmet. Theres much closer places but not the real deal like Sebring.

That would be something that I would have to tow the car down and stay the weekend. 6 hours of driving is to much to go for the day when you work 2 jobs and still attend highschool.

(Im 16 years old, i'll be a senior next year.. I skipped my 10th grade year.)

Where are the closer courses? Any near J-ville, or Pensacola?

If your ever up this way, we have an indoor supercross track over near Pensacola. Shoot me a PM if you ever head up here and we'll go tear it up!

scuzz
05-06-2009, 07:57 AM
I wont be messing around like that on crowded, well traveled roads

Unless it's a private road - you're no better than a street racer or "canyon runner" as they call them in California.

You wanna race and push you're limits? Keep it to a closed course.

I understand you're 16 and invincible, but a judge will disprove that as well as your cellmate if you kill someone.

These guys are your age right?

CHP Racing Probed in Deadly Canyon Crash April 8th, 2009 | Local RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA — Authorities are investigating a violent crash on a canyon road that killed two local teens.brbrIt happened just before 2 p.m. Tuesday on Trabuco Canyon Road about a half mile north of O’Neill Park.brbrWitnesses say a late model silver Ford Mustang lost control, and broadsided an Oak tree before catching fire.brbrSkid marks from vehicle indicate the car was headed northbound.brbrCapt. Greg McKeown of the Orange County Fire Authority said two males, a 16 -year old passenger and an 18-year-old driver, died in the crash. brbrBoth young men had to be cut out of the car.nbsp; brbrAuthorities suspect speed and inexperience may have been factors in the crash.br br This road is a windy road and it doesn’t lend itself to high speeds, McKeown said.brbrThe California Highway Patrol is also looking into whether anyone was racing on the two-lane road.brnbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp; brIt’s a possibility,CHP Officer Eric Barnard said, adding that every avenue will be looked into.brbrDistraught parents of the victims and friends gathered at the crash site, where a makeshift memorial was later placed.brbrThe victims have been identified by friends as 16-year-old Zachary Raffety, who attended Santa Margarita High School and 18-year-old Mark Motley, a senior at Saddleback High School.brbrFriends told KTLA that …

416exfreak
05-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Unless it's a private road - you're no better than a street racer or "canyon runner" as they call them in California.

You wanna race and push you're limits? Keep it to a closed course.

I understand you're 16 and invincible, but a judge will disprove that as well as your cellmate if you kill someone.

These guys are your age right?

When did I say that I was invincible?

We dont have any closed courses around here.

The road I'll be running this car on is unused except during hunting season, and I have already stated that I wont be out there during the season.

I'll admit, I've street raced, and it was extremely stupid. I dont do it anymore, instead I take my truck to the drag strip.

Myself, along with almost a hundred other people have signed petitions and tried to talk to airport officials about them possibly opening up the old abandoned air field from the 50's. We have even told them we would sign waivers, have 5-point harnesses, fire retardant suits, and wear helmets (with neck collars).

They still refuse to even meet with us on the matter. You see, it's not like we're just a bunch of street racing punks. We have tried to go about it the right way, and now we're left with this old 15 mile strip of abandoned pavement out in the MIDDLE OF THE FOREST!!!!!!

There is no traffic, there are no pedestrians. If someone wrecks, they will the only one in the car.

Im sorry, it just really gets under my skin when someone tried to portray me as a typical, arrogant little 16 year old punk with a "king of the world" attitude and no fear.

I've been in the ER, in shock, with broken bones and a concussion. I've layed in a hospital bed for 3 solid months because I couldnt walk. I've lost the feeling below my waist for 3 weeks.

It scared me, but am I going to let it stop me from going out and doing what I love? Hell no.

You see, I am scared.. not of dying though. I'm scared of never truly living.:)

RSF Motorsports
05-06-2009, 10:50 AM
off topic. but how did you get a 93 m3? euro import? post up some pics... you on bf.c?

my bimmer is actually a 93 325i with a 97 3.2 M3 motor and a 6 speed euro tranny.

my GT class race car is a 97 euro M3 which pats euro sport built.

here are some pics of both.

Justin,
My advise to you is. Its your car build it how you want it. you are the driver.

Chris

RSF Motorsports
05-06-2009, 10:51 AM
pic 2

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l108/RC_Publications/IMG_6231b.jpg

RSF Motorsports
05-06-2009, 10:52 AM
pic 3

RSF Motorsports
05-06-2009, 10:53 AM
euro M3 race car

RSF Motorsports
05-06-2009, 10:56 AM
race car

RSF Motorsports
05-06-2009, 10:56 AM
last one

05-06-2009, 11:03 AM
I havent checked into tracks further north but I will and get back to you. Thats awesome theres an indoor supercross up there.

416exfreak
05-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Justin,
My advise to you is. Its your car build it how you want it. you are the driver.

Chris

Thats what I was planning on doing man.

Idk if you remember me, but I was one of the only ones who stuck with you through all that sutff a while back when Wes was being a dick about the FF attempt.

We were talking about doing a LT setup on my 400.

I need to PM you about your oil cooler settup and what all it took to put the 1100 oil cooler on your EX. Im tired of frying clutches b/c of the heat.:ermm:

scuzz
05-06-2009, 11:26 AM
When did I say that I was invincible?

I'm scared of never truly living.:)

Too bad if you run into and kill someone else though right?

Your logic is full of fail.

Just because they haven't succumbed to your requests and petitions does not give you the right to break the law.

...and since it's not a closed course you can't guarantee that someone who thinks that they have every right to be there as you isn't. Who knows they might think it's a great place to teach their son to fly his model plain or teach their daughter how to ride a bike.

Im sorry, it just really gets under my skin when someone tried to portray me as a typical, arrogant little 16 year old punk with a "king of the world" attitude and no fear. [/B]

I hate to inform you, but that is what you are portraying to us; it is not a picture we have painted of you.

416exfreak
05-06-2009, 11:27 AM
I havent checked into tracks further north but I will and get back to you. Thats awesome theres an indoor supercross up there.

Alright man, I appreciate it!

And im serious, be sure to let me know if you ever head up this way! We'll rip that track a new arsehole:devil: :p

416exfreak
05-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Too bad if you run into and kill someone else though right?

Your logic is full of fail.

Just because they haven't succumbed to your requests and petitions does not give you the right to break the law.

...and since it's not a closed course you can't guarantee that someone who thinks that they have every right to be there as you isn't. Who knows they might think it's a great place to teach their son to fly his model plain or teach their daughter how to ride a bike.

I hate to inform you, but that is what you are portraying to us; it is not a picture we have painted of you.

Scuzz, man... your not getting what im trying to tell you.

The only people who use this road, are us. One car at a time. We run time trials, and compare times at the end of the day to see who ran it the fastest.

The hunters use it for 2 months out of the year, and we stay off of it for those 2 months. This road is so far out of the way, that no one is going to go out there unless they're planning on running thier car.

We have spotters on both ends, and IF, for some reason anyone was to come down the road, we shut it down until they're gone.

We are safe about it. It isn't a closed course, but when you dont HAVE a closed course, you have to do the best you can.

If you want to front us the money to open a track, we would be happy to pay you back after we got the place open and going. The members of our car club range in age from 16 to 60. At least we dont do it like the people in the city and race in parking garages..:chinese:

scuzz
05-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Ok, maybe I misunderstood then. I thought it was some random road that no one went on but that you guys would run on.

RSF Motorsports
05-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Justin,
Yes i do remember you. your a wickedly smart kid. I dont post much but saw you had posted this so thought I'ed give my 2 cents.

My old 400ex took alot of work to build. pm me your email and I'll send you step by step pics on everything I did to it.

Chris

scuzz
05-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Oh, and my brother has a 98 M3 that is SC'd and from what I understand it screams. He also has a 240 that he is setting up for DorifTo.

416exfreak
05-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Ok, maybe I misunderstood then. I thought it was some random road that no one went on but that you guys would run on.

It's straight man.

The road is basically... idk how to explain this.

Back in the day, they used to go out into the forest and put down samples of different pavement compounds to see which one they wanted to use to make roads.

This just happens to be one of the samples thats survived over the years.

The road is like 40 miles from towns, and thats down dirt, forest roads. People just dont go out there unless they are :

A- hunting
B- running thier car

The police even know we do it. At first they always came out and ran us off if they seen a bunch of cars heading that way, but they realized there was no drug use or drinking going on, and that we dont litter or start fires.

Its really just a place to go, test and tune, have a good time, spend the day with friends, family, and gearheads.

I pretty well figued someone would start in with the whole "your a street racing punk" thing.. Lol.

RSF Motorsports
05-06-2009, 11:44 AM

Oregon has a indoor ATV arenacross. www.promotopromotions.com Its like supercross

scuzz
05-06-2009, 11:45 AM
OK, well you gotta figure out where I'm coming from. As you remember from the pit bull thread my 1st thoughts go out to my kids in any given situation.

So it's not you I'm against, it's limiting things that would wrongly shorten my kids lifespan.

...and for the record I never called you any names. :D

416exfreak
05-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Oh, and my brother has a 98 M3 that is SC'd and from what I understand it screams. He also has a 240 that he is setting up for DorifTo.

A SC'd M3? I bet it does scream.. those cars have balls from the factory.. but SC one? Damn.. he's brave.

Mind if I ask why you call drifting "dorifTo"?

240's can be made to fly too. Do you know if it has the KA24DE, or the SR20DET?

The SR20DET is also called the "red top". That's a highly sought after engine. And for good reason:devil:

My mom's old 240 had the SR engine (turbo'd) and a 6 speed. My dad scared the chit out of me in that car..:chinese:

416exfreak
05-06-2009, 11:51 AM
OK, well you gotta figure out where I'm coming from. As you remember from the pit bull thread my 1st thoughts go out to my kids in any given situation.

So it's not you I'm against, it's limiting things that would wrongly shorten my kids lifespan.

...and for the record I never called you any names. :D

I remember the pitbull thread quite well. JJ made a very innappropriate comment regarding the safety of you children.:chinese:

If there was any danger of children getting hurt out there, we wouldnt run the cars. The only person at the finish line is my buddy Gary, who keeps the time.

Given that im 16, and dont have children, I cannot fully say that I see where your coming from, but I can empathize. My little brother likes to skateboard on our road, and people are always flying down it. Me and my dad have chased people before and taught them a lesson on slowing down in our neighborhood.

There was one incident where my brother was skating, tried to do a kickflip, but fell and just as he fell a car came around the corner going wayyy to fast, and ran over his board which was laying 3 feet away, where he was standing just moments before.

They never even touched the brakes.:mad:

scuzz
05-06-2009, 11:52 AM
A SC'd M3? I bet it does scream.. those cars have balls from the factory.. but SC one? Damn.. he's brave.

Yeah, he put it on and quickly blew the engine after it overheated and now two years later almost has it all back together.

On his 240 it's the junk truck KA24DE motor. ( I know the intake runners are different)

I call it DorifTo because of it's Japanese word for drift:

http://www.dorifto.net/

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dorifto

416exfreak
05-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Oregon has a indoor ATV arenacross. www.promotopromotions.com Its like supercross

Lulz Chris.

When he said further north, he meant in N. Florida.

We both live down here in hurricane country.:(

Kickstarts-suck
05-06-2009, 01:04 PM
hmm. I always thought Miatas were gay older guys cars... :confused: :devil:

hondariderdylan
05-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck

not if you drop in a rolling american V8 or a rev-to-the-moon import motor:D

416exfreak
05-06-2009, 01:12 PM

Not when you drop in a 13B, turbo it, port it and get the cars handling to match the engine.

And if there's any confusion, I'll just roll out the ole F100. That nice loping cam and the fog of spray coming out of the cobra's mouths on the sides should clear up any misconeptions.

:devil:

scuzz
05-06-2009, 01:12 PM
http://www.mazda-roadster.com/image/Mazda%20Miata%20SUV.jpg

416exfreak
05-06-2009, 01:13 PM
http://www.mazda-roadster.com/image/Mazda%20Miata%20SUV.jpg

They disabled your pic or vid scuzz..:(

scuzz
05-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Nah, it was just a random pic I found. :D

Kickstarts-suck
05-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Not when you drop in a 13B, turbo it, port it and get the cars handling to match the engine.

And if there's any confusion, I'll just roll out the ole F100. That nice loping cam and the fog of spray coming out of the cobra's mouths on the sides should clear up any misconeptions.

:devil:

O so your keeping the F1hunny. Its all good then.. :macho

lol I was just messin with ya

Need some videos of it. :)

extremeblastr
05-07-2009, 09:15 AM

The SR20DET is also called the "red top". That's a highly sought after engine. And for good reason:devil:

My mom's old 240 had the SR engine (turbo'd) and a 6 speed. My dad scared the chit out of me in that car..:chinese:

actually there are 2 maybe 3 different color tops that come on the sr20 and the red top just happens to be the best performing of the bunch. i'm not sure if there is a 3rd one or not but i know for sure that there is a second one which is a black top and is a dog compared to the red.

KXRida
05-07-2009, 01:24 PM
this is what I want to build...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yzpc_Km41PE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yzpc_Km41PE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LP3xsI790sg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LP3xsI790sg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This is by far my favorite. This car was in one of the crusty demons of dirt videos as well.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EYykKiv5Dfw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EYykKiv5Dfw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

scuzz
05-07-2009, 02:37 PM
even better:

<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf?video=05fd1e68-62e8-4bc6-aa1e-99f301249aa3" width="428" height="352" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed><br/><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Civette-Civic-with-Vettes_142432.htm">Civette+-+Civic+with+Vette's+engine</a>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MJ9AHFI-rLs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MJ9AHFI-rLs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

416exfreak
05-07-2009, 03:36 PM
O so your keeping the F1hunny. Its all good then.. :macho

lol I was just messin with ya

Need some videos of it. :)

Not planning on getting rid of her anytime soon.

I actually just swapped the C4 tranny out for an AOD and put 4.10's back in the rear end.

I must say, for an all steel truck with a small block, it impresses even me.

And thats on the motor. You crack a bottle and it really gets fun..

I need to get me some NAWZZ though, that way I can time warp and have my truck stretch out.. oh yea, and a 25 speed tranny, so I can shift at 8 grand for 2 and a half minutes during a "10 second" race... lmao.

416exfreak
05-07-2009, 03:38 PM
This video is before the cam.. The camera i have now wont record sound. Mom decided my Canon would be a good one to take to the mud bogg and drop in the pond:mad:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n-9RtZEjFV0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n-9RtZEjFV0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kickstarts-suck
05-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Yea your trucks a beast. Ive always wanted a 79.

Whenever I sell my 86 ill be buying a supercharger for the Lightning. Wish I wouldn't have ever sold my Nawzz I had in my 86 so I could have put it in the Lightning.

KXRida
05-08-2009, 05:24 AM
This video is before the cam.. The camera i have now wont record sound. Mom decided my Canon would be a good one to take to the mud bogg and drop in the pond:mad:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n-9RtZEjFV0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n-9RtZEjFV0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I tried getting a sound clip of my brother's ranger in the garage... yah that was unsuccessful. It screws up the mic's on all the camera's so I'll have to get one outside. haha your truck sounds like his bronco II. Has a mild 302 with a set of flow disasters on it. That thing is rather fun to drive. I'm hoping to score the 396 out of his ranger. Right now he's building up a 408 stroker. If he doesn't like how it runs with the rock wells it's getting a 557 with a possible charger.

416exfreak
05-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Double post. My B.

416exfreak
05-08-2009, 08:26 AM
I've got a 306 in my 79.

ITs a 302 bored .30 over, with Eagle I beam rods, Wiseco 10:1 pistons, World Products Windsor Jr. heads (harland sharp rockers, ARP push rods), FRPP E303 cam, Weiend Xcellerator intake (ported), Holley 600cfm double pumper, Heddman longtubes, H pipe with 40 series flows, and a NOS Sniper kit (just odered).

It runs really good for what it is. Everyone around here swears up and down that its a built 351.

I guess im just not scared to turn her up!:devil: