PDA

View Full Version : How long can I pin it?

Superfly
05-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Supposing I had an infinitely long stretch of straight road that I could hold her in top gear and just pin it, can I do that indefinately, or will the engine give up at some point?

florentino
05-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Superfly
Supposing I had an infinitely long stretch of straight road that I could hold her in top gear and just pin it, can I do that indefinately, or will the engine give up at some point?
what size tires? and gears. you can pin it for a few seconds .. if you are at a track racing at a straight away you can like to pass some one and things like that .. lets say you run a lot ot straigth roads wide open then run taller tires or change your gears..
on my yfz i rev it to like 11,500 wide open for the hole shot only. if you want your motor to last make sure you change your oil alot..
clean filter. lest say you have 18s and you go wide open on a open stree for 5 or 10 min .. any 450 can granede at any point ..
been there ..

Superfly
05-06-2009, 12:54 AM
Thanks. I race in the off road series here in SA, its kinda like the GNCC only a little different.

I run 22's at the rear for the extra ground clearance.

Claas900
05-06-2009, 07:18 PM
I dunno a very long time, when Honda test there motors they run them at red line for over 12 hours then tear the motor apart and look for wear. And I'm willing to bet there red line and the red line we get are two different red lines.